1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel Developer Forum

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 19 Feb 2003.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. jgreen

jgreen What's a Dremel?

The horror! How could you! Powerbook indeed.....

Ok, I'm kidding, way to go dude! Put that mod pressure on. btw, are those nifty dual fp monitor available? or when will they be?

3. Jaz

Jaz Banned

4. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

haha, thats pretty funny Haz. you should show him 3GClear and some links t people and their media PCs. then see what he thinks.

5. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

shouldn't it be brief? :p

some interesting stuff in there :)

6. -=ice=-

-=ice=- What's a Dremel?

How big are thoes screens on "Marble Falls" they look 15inchish?

also,
    I find networking bit of that Newport funny, from what i read it seem to be doing somthing that apple did at their keynote over a year ago!! and has been included in macosX since Jaguar.

7. r3Q

r3Q Minimodder

what do they think about the AMD development- opteron? i wanna hear why they think the barton3000 is not better than the newest intel chip. what are they gonna do to make the ghz worth buying when proformance wize- the amd chips are cheaper cost and hight performance. les see what they have to say about that =D

freggin $600 for a 3.06ghz proc - :nono: !HAH!:nono: - they are kidding right? :D

8. Green Soda

Green Soda What's a Dremel?

Both you and Craig Barrett have balls!!!! We need to get you 2 in a boxing ring!! I bet that Powerbook comment wont go well with Apple or the media!

Go Haz!!:clap: :clap:

That is rather sad though, that he dont know much about the modding community :waah:. He needs to learn about 3gClear!!! You should have taken it with you and thrown it at him!!

9. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

Interestin stuff :) Look forward to reading tomorrows update. lol @ the powerbook comment :lol:

Keep up the good work

/me strokes bit-tech :hip:

10. RTT

RTT #parp

Great stuffs haz as always!

11. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

hehe. Nice article. Yeah I agree with r3Q, I'd like to knwo what they're views on the whoel AMD thing is.

Also cheers on the Inquirer snap :D

Now BiT is going to get traffic liek crazy.. Hey Monolith, I think it's time to break out the OCR 256 :lol:

Good work Haz, and have fun dude. Oh, and grab some cool Intel stuff for us, liek 3.06 chips :idea:

12. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

Cheers for the comments guys, ill do my best to find out what i can for you ;)

I've updated the site with part 2. Btw, did you see we were linked on Anandtech? :D

13. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

Dude, nice articles Haz. I so wish Seagate releases HDDs with clear tops. Not only do they look better then my hackjob on a dead drive did, but you could expect the same life span as a regular hdd and not have to worry if you contaminated the platters.

::edit:: also, mrhaz, could you ask a question for me? is intel making any plans to incorporate some of the northbridge functions (ALA memory bus) into the processor core itself in able to allow future memory speeds to be on par with processor speeds?

and if you get a chance to speak to any of the folks from a HDD manufacturor, are they planning on doing anything to the actual drives for them to take advantage of the SATA transfer speeds? right now, it only seems that they are concerned with CPSI (capacity per square inch) and that is currently the bottleneck in computers at this point in time.

and alas, one quick question for you. i've heard a few things about PCIE, but i want to know if they are planning for PCIE to take over every expansion slot (both PCI and AGP) or just the AGP. you probably wrote it in the article, but I can't remember it right now because after taking 4 hydrocodone's over the past 5 hours for the pain from an abcesed tooth, they are taking effect and I feel drunk. :D

Last edited: 20 Feb 2003
  14. linear

linear Minimodder

Extremely kickass coverage Wil, great job once again. :clap:

15. Tim S

Tim S OG

This is due to the rather extreme price difference for performance gain between Rambus and DDR400+... for the "small" loss in performance between a P4 with DDR400 and a P4 with Rambus, the extra cost clearly put a lot of people off the P4 early on when it didn't have support for the "cheaper" ddr platform that AMD was offering. It would have been foolish for intel not to move to DDR, with their CPUs (at the time, I know the case isn't quite the same now with the rather expensive barton core..) being considerably more expensive than AMDs equivalent. You could almost buy a complete AMD system for the price of just the processor, motherboard and Rambus ram in the equivalent Pentium 4 system :)

Nice coverage though! :D

16. Bit-widow

Bit-widow What's a Dremel?

yay really good articles (ok so some of it a bit over my head but you'll have to explain them in more easy language later)
    Should have mentioned the 3.06 in response to his comments about the Poerbook:p

17. Iamgoodyy

Iamgoodyy What's a Dremel?

3rd picture on the 3rd page doesn't work. Glad to see you made it back, was beginning to wonder if you went into exile in America. Top notch set of articles.

Tags: Add Tags