1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Intel DG45FC mini-ITX motherboard

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 25 Mar 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

you guys really need to sort out the HQV-HD situation. it's actually relevant now!

3. Venares

Venares New Member

This looks like quite a nice board.
    Actualy looking for an ITX board for my new HTPC/NAS and this would have ticked all the boxes, especialy with its 4 e-sata.
    Just a shame about the G45's craptacular BD playback otherwise a very nice looking board.

4. hyperion

hyperion Active Member

The pci-e 2.0 x16 slot of the zotac alone is worth the 20 quid extra imo, especially with the hybrid power feature of the NV chipset. That should make for a better "all- round" system thus making it more versatile.

Personally I would have liked to see some commercial mini-ITX boards supporting mobile cpus (with pci-e x16 and a properly working "hybrid power" like feature) for even lower power consumption.

5. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

hmm Im looking for an mini-ITX system to build for my car Im currently leaning towards the Zotac personally....

6. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Norton 2009, which I think it is (you didn't say which version). But yea, anything else is just crap.

7. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Norton Anti-Virus isnt bad but EVERYTHING else that is a package like Internet Security, 360 and so on is COMPLETE garbage and nothing more then a resource hog. But thats a conversation from another thread.

8. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

No, Norton 2009 uses about 5 megs of memory if you didn't know that. Yes, the full package, not just anti-virus

Norton 360, and any other version, however, are totally shite. :) But the review doesn't mention which version it is.

9. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Great review as always.

Something intrigues me. As for my poor knowledge, all the processor in the list need active cooling, right? Why would someone buy a mini-itx that have noisy cooling system?

I noticed something interesting - at least for me. The picture in the back of the cardboard box shows a "consumer infrared transmiter". But in the photos from the article, that conector is gone.http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2009/03/intel-dg45fc-mini-itx-motherboard-review/1-8.jpg
    What exactly is that conector anyways?

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

No real idea, never came across anything that uses it.

Maybe you just want small and don't care too much about noise?

11. Chocobollz

Chocobollz New Member

Well about the Norton.. I personally have Norton AV 2009 installed on my desktop system and after using it for quite some time, I would say it's still a resource hog. Well, it do runs quite good, on the first week after its installed, but now I think it started to act like a resource hog. Don't know how but my startup time just getting longer and longer and now I need to wait about 15 minutes to finish loading Windows.. IMHO, the only Norton antivirus which doesn't hog your system is the Norton Antivirus 2000 and I'm still using it on my Windows 98 desktop system. ;-)

Tags: Add Tags