1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking Intel e6300 + Asus P5ke WiFi

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Miffers, 10 Feb 2010.

1. Miffers

Miffers CPC Refugee

Well firstly hello guys not been here for a while and such. Now i would really like to overclock my processor. I've just got a newer motherboard witch is much better than what I had. So my setup is as follows.

Processor : Intel e6300 @ 1.83 Ghz
    RAM: OCZ Gold 6400 2GB
    Motherboard : Asus P5ke WiFi << :rock: ( I know thats lame but it's new to me bahah )
    Graphics Card: EVGA 8800GTS
    HDD: Seagate 250GB

Now i've had a little look in the BIOS and to me it does look rather scary however, i really would like to see what i could push this chip to. So what can i get it to maby 2.5 Ghz ? So the pc's tempreture on idle is about 32/34 it's not a stock cooler i've got a freezer pro. I've looked at videos on youtube and have read post on this forum and various other ones. But i would really like some advice and a push in the right direction.

2. NightrainSrt4

NightrainSrt4 What's a Dremel?

I had my 1.8 E6300 to boot windows at 3.7Ghz under water, but couldn't go higher because my memory was too slow. Unless that OCZ 6400 ram clocks like hell, that is probably going to be your limiting factor.

You should be able to hit 2.8Ghz on stock volts and without overclocking the ram, easily (400mhz x 7 cpu ----- 400x2 mem) . Then go from there.

3. Miffers

Miffers CPC Refugee

So what exactly do i need to do ? Sorry new to this..

4. Miffers

Miffers CPC Refugee

Ok.. So i've just done what you said changed the FSB to 400 and left pretty much all as standard here is a prnt screen of the temps now i was hitting 36 at idle before and now i'm getting this...

[​IMG]

I don't think i could push it any higher maby ajust the timing on thr ram witch i think is 5-5-5-14?

5. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

51C at idle??

I think I'd look at my cooling before I took that any further, tbh. Have you got the fan on quiet mode or something? needs to not be. If not, maybe worth re-applying your tim or forcing it up. I'd hate to have to worry what that'll hit at full load.

6. Miffers

Miffers CPC Refugee

Well i tryed prime95 and it was hitting 70 thats not good..

7. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

what cooler?

2.8 stock volts should run cold as ice

8. Miffers

Miffers CPC Refugee

Freezer Pro.. I've taken the setting back to standard don't wanna break things.. I've turned the fan speeds up and seems to be a little cooler on stock settings..

9. Miffers

Miffers CPC Refugee

Ok, today I've installed a Corsair H50 and managed to clock again... After those temps went back to stock. Also a recent upgrade new case Antec 300 and an additional 2GB of memory. So I've got the FSB @ 400 and seems to be running all fine and dandy. Witch gives me 2.8 could I get to 3.2 ?

I had prime 95 running for a few hours and was rather happy. Would a photo of my settings help maby?

[​IMG]

10. mrbungle

my release 6300 would do about 3.2 before my old ds3 would cop out fsb wise.

see how you go.

11. Miffers

Miffers CPC Refugee

Ok.. Raise the FSB then :) There's parts I don't completely understand all of it. If I took a picture of my settings could someone tell me where to go from here?

12. Miffers

Miffers CPC Refugee

So I've taken a few little pictures of the BIOS and see what you think. I've also noticed with the multiplier at 7 with the FSB set at 400x7 should give 2.8 witch I see however... the when using CPUID the multiplier is sometime 6 and I get 2.4 ghz and then changes to 7 and then get 2.8 :/

Is there some powersaving settings to be turned off?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^^ I get 2.8 in the bios :D

So was reading somewhere with the memory I have my maximum FSB would be 400 because 800/2 = 400 giving me the max. So tweaking something else to get to 3ghz.

13. Miffers

Miffers CPC Refugee

Could someone help me out please :(

14. mrbungle

from now on in you will have to overclock your memory, its no big deal id imagine it should do 450mhz easy.

just up the fsb some more and see what happens :D

15. Miffers

Miffers CPC Refugee

I upped the FSB to 450 and changed the dram frequency to 901 I think well the next one up and the machine wouldn't boot and no display out... I took the cmos battery out and was all fine and went back to what I was running how can I overclock the memory what should i change?