1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel holds modding competition on YouTube

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 14 Dec 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I want the truck!

3. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE New Member

This is Only for US residents so the rest of us are screwed :(

4. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Exactly how much did Intel play Bit-Tech for that thinly-disguised piece of advertising, anyway?

Call me cynical - everyone else does...

Phil

5. LVMike

LVMike New Member

^^^^^^^^
    Cynical ;)

its not thinly disguised advertising. Its informing the bit-tech community of a contest that a good number of us could enter. Think of it as pamphleteering.

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

I was forwarded the details of this by one of Intel's US PR Managers (who used to be UK PR Manager) as he thought it would be of interest to the bit-tech readers - I felt so too, given the strong modding background the site has. After all, who wouldn't want the chance to win a free Intel processor of your choice all for just showing off your case mod on YouTube?

He's a member of bit-tech's forum himself, so maybe he'll pop by and clear that up. :)

Also, I wasn't aware that this was just open to US residents.

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

We just can't win, can we :(

8. wuyanxu

wuyanxu still wants Homeworld 3

damn, otherwise i'd be modding my case by now.

*must***resist***not***complain*

see, most of the good stuff are US only, finally 1 good price of a free UT3 case for UK and we get hundreds of complain

9. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

That's because u're not in Brazil.. Here all the hardware are VERY expensive, and we almost have any contests... Save the Windows Vista Magazine that grants some nice prizes - wich i really hope to get the first place.

10. Drexial

Drexial New Member

hey dont feel bad I live in the US and cant enter anyway cause i have an AMD CPU.....

there was another sweepstakes i was going to enter into and it excluded residence of NY state... i was more then peeved about that one. Lancer Evo X and $15,000 to spend on what ever mods you wanted for the car. ohhh the amazing performance i could have gotten out of that car.

11. mr_carl

mr_carl New Member

So did anyone read all of the rules in the end ???

Im not that good at reading enlish and the text just went by a little to fast, and I dont know if theres somthing wrong with my eyes but I didnt see alot of what stood there :)

12. Nix

Nix New Member

Are they judging on the final finished mod or are they judging on this supposedly 'video that has to be cool'?

If its the latter doesnt that go against the grain of modding? Modding has always been about the work thats gone into it and also a kickass log that shows everyone how they got there. With only the video being judge someone can just edit it together so their case looks brilliant, while in reality it could just be average.

Has anyone else confirmed whether this is only open to US residents? You'd expect with a company the size of Intel that they would of been able to pull off a international competition.

Also whens the deadline?

13. IntelNick

IntelNick Intel Corp.

Complete rules can be found in this link: www.moddingcompetition.com. Unfortunately YouTube doesn’t allow us to post documents, so we provided this link to the official rules – the link can be found in the expanded view on the video description.

The deadline is January 14, 2007 for all submissions. Check out the rules on www.moddingcompetition.com for the details.

US residents only?

Unfortunately for this round we went with U.S. residents only – the legal complexities of running an international competition or contest are mind-boggling! Also, let’s just say that if this goes well…you may expect more of these activities from Intel in ’08…

Also disclaimer for outrageous statment at the begiining of this thread: We (Intel) have never paid Bit-Tech anything, other than shower them with love and affection. :)

14. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Same, that thing is tight.

15. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

woot Im in, now where did I put that Camcorder ^_^

16. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

well couldnt fine my camcorder so I did a quick and dirty HD Web Camera action lol that 1 minute limit is a killer >_< so everything is in super fast forward lol ^_^ but hey at least Im guaranteed a TShirt.

17. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

i dare you to go on ebay and buy a old p3 system and chuck it in for the competition

18. Guest-17499

Guest-17499 Guest

hah that truck is mad

Tags: Add Tags