1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel teams up with intel on transistor breakthrough

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by GreatOldOne, 8 Feb 2005.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Hot on the heels of news that transistors are not long for the world comes other news saying that Chipzilla and the MoD backroom boys believe there's life in the old dogs yet. This from the Inq:

CHIP FIRM Intel said that is has cooperated with Qinetiq for the last two years on a technology that could improve transistors. The research has resulted in both companies building so-called "quantum well" transistors using Indium Antimonide.

Qinetq was founded in 2001 with staff from the Defence Evaluation and Research Agency - that's the labs for the Ministry of Defence here.

Preliminary results show that quantum well transistors have a ten times lower power consumption for the same performance.

More quantum-ness here

2. Etacovda

Etacovda What's a Dremel?

Intel teams up with intel?

3. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Yep - Ask the Inq. It's their title... ;)

4. noneuno

noneuno What's a Dremel?

Intel (the company) teams up with intel (the intelligence service). Come on people, this isn't too hard to get! ;P

This kind of stuff's been going on for ages. Of course the various intelligence services around the world are going to be interested in tiiiiny transistors: they can make their listening devices smaller!

5. Uber_K

Uber_K What's a Dremel?

Man, I wish I could team up with myself to work on new projects. Stuff would get done SO much faster!

6. Monkey2

Monkey2 What's a Dremel?

still not getting it...

7. Etacovda

Etacovda What's a Dremel?

You'll notice I'm nz based - havent heard of intel, the intelligence service.

8. Hwulex

Hwulex What's a Dremel?

That Qinetiq's just round the corner from me. Provides the web-hosting for work too. :worried: :naughty:

9. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

I hope your being sarcastic and that you realise that "intel" isnt the name of the company who runs the intelligence service and that its just shorthand for INTELligance

Tags: Add Tags