1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Intel Xeon E5-2670 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 6 Mar 2012.

1. misterd77

misterd77 What's a Dremel?

makes sense for that purpose then, but as this is a game/consumer site, why on earth do we get reviews for kit like this ?, 99% of us will never see a dual xeon computer, let alone contemplate building one, these chips are that pricey, you would want a system builder to warranty the hell outta it, not saying its a bad chip, but, do I really need to know what a £1.2k chip can achieve ?, I will say this though, Intel dominate this market to such an extent that no other chip company can compete, the xeons are scary tech, no wonder AMD ran for the hills, kudos to the team that designed these, and i do realise they were made for vm ware and high end workstations for rendering, i was just takin the piss, a 2500k is all you really need nowadays for gaming, any more and its overkill.....

2. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

Just for fun and becuse they can I suppose? It`s interesting to see just to see whats out there innit? And if you look at a few of the posts theres definately people with too much money spare to build pc`s (jammy buggers), who look relevantly interested.

3. SoulRider

SoulRider What's a Dremel?

This is a geek's tech site. For modders, overclockers and PC nuts. It also covers games etc, but this site is primarily for computer technology enthusiasts. Just because this doesn't appeal to you, many of us are glad to see a return to the more geeky reviews etc on this site. A return of the old bit :)

Great work :)

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Because it's interesting to see what that money can achieve. And remember, that juxtaposing commercial and consumer markets reveal startling differences (and similarities) between the chips. As they say, there never is too much information. :thumb:

5. rollo

rollo Modder

Before bit tech did all this gamer stuff it was a geeks website first and foremost so to speak

6. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

Heh.... my first desktop computer was actually a [free] dual xeon work station that I got from my uncle's work back about 6 years ago... It now has the role of my fileserver/webserver/database. Ever since though, I'm always looking at building a new dual xeon system, since I do a lot of video editing and converting.

I'm not really into PC games (I play Age of Empires II, that's it) so this kind of thing is along the lines of what I'm looking at when I think about building a new system... I might spend $4k on a new system this way, but I bet it will last well beyond what $4k worth of desktop will for what I ask of it ;-)

7. Dark Matter

Dark Matter Minimodder

Where can you buy the Supermicro SNK0P54 coolers from? A quick Google draws a blank!!

Tags: Add Tags