1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Interest in mechanical buttons/switches for mods?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Asazman, 1 Jun 2004.

1. Asazman

Asazman What's a Dremel?

There is a condemned hobo infested wrecking yard relatively close to where I live, so one day I went to it to take pictures (artistic pictures for fun), and I found some rather interesting switches and buttons. I pulled some of them and then went back again the next day to get a few more, some of them are really cool.

Not only do these buttons look rediculously cool, but they hold a certain satisfaction upon innitiating them. All of the buttons are momentary, some of the switches are momentary as well, but the rest aren't. They keyswitch is my favorite, can be used for a veriety of interesting things.

Anyway, I am starting an ammo case mod soon and I am using a few of these buttons as the start/reset switch, I think it will add a really cool effect. I have easy access to lots of these buttons, I saw many more keyswitches and mushroom head buttons that I could possibly go back for. If anyone is interested in any of these buttons let me know, if there is enough interest I will go back get more and post a thread in the for sale forum.

[​IMG]

2. dslrennwagen

dslrennwagen What's a Dremel?

can you throw something in there to refrence the size? sometimes those switches can be some big mofo's.

3. Asazman

Asazman What's a Dremel?

Well i can't take another picture right this second, but the heads of the buttons (the black yellow and red ones) are the size of a quarter. the only rediculously large one is the pinkish one (used to be red, worn down from so much use).

4. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

Are you in the UK or US or somewhere else? If you're in the UK I *might* be interested depending on how my cashflow goes.

5. Asazman

Asazman What's a Dremel?

Sorry, USA, east coast...

6. Sniper-X

Sniper-X What's a Dremel?

how much for one of the yellow or black momentary ....i live in Missouri

7. Asazman

Asazman What's a Dremel?

I don't know that's what I'm trying to figure out...if there is enough interest I will scavange for more and post prices. Name a reasonable price and I'll probably agree.

8. Asazman

Asazman What's a Dremel?

bump

9. coil

coil What's a Dremel?

I'd be curious. :) You're right, there's something terribly satisfying about a big ****-off button. ^^

10. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

private message me or e-mail me .....i want both yellow and the key switch , did u take them form somthing or were they just laying on the ground? the switches on the bottom right look like they are from a car :dremel: how crafty those constrution workers are :dremel:

11. moddedgeek

moddedgeek What's a Dremel?

ya there was this hospital near me that was renovating and a friend of mine and i went up to there dump and there was a ton of old stuff but all we had was bikes and we didnt know much about comps at the time, this was ike 4 yrs ago so we satisfied ourselves thing a kvm was a server and then we threw rocks at these old light poles that had been taken down and blew up the bulbs

12. Mr. Beta

Mr. Beta Minimodder

I'd like to know more about the yellow and black ones if they're not taken. Or can you find more of the same type? Lemme know.
    Or you could "auction" them off. Or is that against forum rules?
    You have my attention.