1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Interesting leaked Microsoft presentation regarding Windows 8

Discussion in 'General' started by NuTech, 29 Jun 2010.

1. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

I thought the first slide and Windows Store was especially interesting. ;)

IMO this looks like the head honcho's at Microsoft are finally 'getting' what makes Mac OS and iDevices so appealing to consumers and why they've picked up so much traction in the past few years.

Hopefully some of the more ambitious concepts will actually make it into Windows 8, like the continuous client stuff, with applications and settings 'following' you from device to device.

Looks like Microsoft is going balls-out to remind people that tablets and ecosystems started as their thing, and now daddy is home...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Looks like MS could be rolling out a lot of phone features to the wider desktop market.

3. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

I like the idea of the facial recognition, however I wonder if it is smart enough to differentiate between a photo of the person and the real face

4. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Nah, all they need to do is make whatever device they come up with glossy white or black ( or pink even ), and add an 'i' or 'e' infront of the name; instant sucess. :p

5. JCBeastie

JCBeastie What's a Dremel?

The day Windows becomes MacOS is the day I use Linux.

6. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Here's a general question. How often have you used OSX?

7. JCBeastie

JCBeastie What's a Dremel?

I haven't, I was scarred for life using a G4 at college.

Photoshop on Mac = only left click, out of memory, crash.

Photoshop on Windows = left and right clicks, faster, no errors.

8. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I'm hooked on linux, I just installed Ubuntu on an semi-old laptop. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. + apps galore

The only reason I'd go back to windows is for games or solid modeling programs

9. C-Sniper

If you are feeling very adventurous I would recommend installing Slackware.

I have it running on 4-5 boxes and all the crashes so far are because of my stupidity.

10. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I don't think you had the typical user experience, as far as I can tell. I used Photoshop on both PCs and Macs during college, and I can honestly say the Macs were faster at the time. The G4 at the newspaper screamed, while my home PC was quite sufficient for my uses. I've never really used the right click during image editing - that's what tablets are for. If the ability to right click while image editing is something you need, then you'll be interested to learn that Mac added multiple button support in OSX. You can buy mousing devices with multiple buttons from the Apple Store, or direct from third party manufacturers.

In addition, until recently Macs were the de facto standard for graphic design software. Over the years I've seen more and more PCs take over, but Macs still have a solid presence.

As for the leaked presentation, I take any "leaked" information with a grain of salt. Is there any corroboration?

11. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

How's it different than other distros?

I'd like to sometime soon (but it won't happen due to college) to setup a ubuntu/XBMC media server

12. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I have to question if this is fake or not, anyone with a little spare time could have slapped that crap together and watermarked it with an NDA.

13. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

14. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

15. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

It's more stable.

16. C-Sniper

It is a 99% vanilla set-up with minimal patching of programs and no patching of the kernel. Rock stable and quite fast. Package system has no dependency checking so you are responsible for knowing what goes into your system and it keeps you out of accidental dependency hell.

Pretty much it is for people who want complete (and I mean COMPLETE) control over their system and how things are run.

17. Edge102030

Edge102030 Son, i am disappoint.

Implying a G4 is a match for a powerful modern computer.

18. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Of course, because Windows ME, Windows Vista etc were great OS'... I've never had any problems with them.

You're just a typical apple hater without truely trying the product. You just find it to be the anti-christ from hearing a few other unexperienced Mac users. Also, Mac's do right click as well. Either press down ctrl and click, or simply buy a mouse with two buttons.

19. seebul

seebul Minimodder

This just sums Microsoft up for me really. Take the facial recognition login, there always trying to make everything more simple but in doing so actually make things more complicated, I mean in reality how well is that facial thing actually going to work? Answer: It wont.

Microsoft try to put too many features in their products, they'll put out products that do a million things averagely, where as Apple will put out a product that does 100 things brilliantly. (Minus the Xbox which is the best thing Microsoft have ever produced!)