1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Internalizing 2 USB wireless devices - Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Noah, 28 Nov 2004.

1. Noah

Noah What's a Dremel?

My PVR will be taking up the one PCI slot on the Mini-ITX mobo I plan to purchase for my HTPC-in-ammo-box project. Any suggestions as to how I should internalize the following 2 devices:

- 802.11g adapter
    - Keyboard/mouse reciever

2. DivineSin

DivineSin What's a Dremel?

I dont have any recommendations but i do believe they warn you to keep the keyboard/mouse reciever away from other electronic devices..especially your computer. Thats what it sais on my logitech MXDUO

3. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

well unless you're extremely set on using the front panel USB's, or if your mobo has more than 2 of the front panel USB leads, i would take apart the USB cables on each of them and plug them directly into those. then, barely expose the antenna for the wireless adapter, and take the wireless reciever out of its case and expose the IR reciever flush with the front of your case.

the other option would be to get a USB hub, just a mini 4port or so like this one, and route it from the back of your mobo to the bottom of the case, and then just plug the wireless stuff into that (still expose the recieving points, as i assume being in an ammo box will hamper teh signal)

good luck and happy modding :dremel:

4. infered101

infered101 What's a Dremel?

Why not use one of those pci riser card. Go to mini-itx.com they have one to compare to. About the keyboard thing why not just connect it outside lke all the rest of us it isnt that much of a noicence.

5. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

im sure he wouldnt have bought a wireless keyboard if he was willing to plug it into the back

wireless = mobility
    and its an htpc