1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Internet Archive launches Amiga Software Library

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 9 Aug 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. thewelshbrummie

thewelshbrummie Minimodder

Perfect, just what I need to finally complete digitising my Amiga collection. Didn't have a console until I got a Wii a few years back but started out with an Amiga 500 in the early 90s and while it failed some time ago I still have 500+ floppies to sort and convert to adf files. This is great news.

Definitely don't miss the hardware though (including the single button joysticks) and emulators have been pretty solid since I started trying them out in. Can't wait to get stuck in again.

3. Dedlite

Dedlite What's a Dremel?

'Taito's Bubble Bottle'

That's BUBBLE BOBBLE, obviously.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

There's a much quicker way of completing your collection: the Amiga TOSEC archive has been live since 2012, and has over 62,000 disk images (though that includes duplicates, translations, and bad dumps.)

Whoopsie. Odd that I should typo "Bobble" but write "Bubble" just fine; I could understand "Buttle Bottle"... I'll go fix that, ta!

5. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

From the link:
    "After a beta-testing period, the emulated Amiga programs at the Archive have been taken down for further development. Thanks to everyone for testing the Amiga In-Browser emulation"