1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Interplay stays afloat, wants Fallout Online

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Aug 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

typo:
    should be $

I don't want an FO online

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Why not?

4. Cobalt

Cobalt New Member

If beth balls up FO3 like they did with Oblivion (which would be an even greater tragedy), then an Interplay developed game could be the answer. The FO universe suits itself very well to an MMO platform so at least they have a solid starting point.

5. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus Rule #9

Then don't buy it when it comes out....;)

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

MMOs are cash cows these days..... i hope they make this one right and get some of the WOW crowd.

7. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I hope it works for the simple reason that I liked inteplay back i the day. I also hope that they can avoid something like fallout tatics. only one way to find out I guess.

8. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Discussing it with a friend earlier, I'm someone that really enjoys online gaming, but I prefer short bursts, so I don't have to think "I need to grind up a few more levels tonight" I can just say "I'll jump online for a few rounds of Halo3"

9. Bl4ckM0onk3y

Bl4ckM0onk3y in luv 2.0

all i whant is a Fallout Universe based game with graphics like TES IV:Oblivion ;F and NO MMO'S FFS !!

10. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I bought their game, Whiplash, for MS-DOS in the 90s. The most senseless fun I've ever had with a PC game to this day. Won't work on OS newer than Windows 98.

11. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Compatibility mode?

MMOs are awful games, I'd much prefer it like say, NWN/Diablo where you can go online if you choose to, but you can stay offline if you want to. Or they might actually be able to make an MMO which is actually good, and doesn't involve grindan up to the level cap only to realise that there's nothing to do once you get there.

12. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Sounds like Guildwars is your tonic. Admittedly you can't play offline but its free online and there's no grind for uber levels as it's capped at lvl20 (in prophecies anyways). End game is more guild PvP which is very clever and complex, you'll hurt your brain trying to workout team combos to counter teams and there's no one setup to rule them all.

Would love to see a fallout MMOG, the single player games just spouts class. Hopefully the ingame humour and gameplay can make the transition to the next level.

Glad old Interplay are still kicking about, they are responsible for one of the best TBS games there is. M.A.X

13. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

It doesn't quite work like that because it's still looking for the old SoundBlaster16/32 soundcards and you have to manually assign the IRQs.

14. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I tried GW but I was a bit bored of it, having everything but the towns instanced made the game feel empty, apart from that it looked like a cool game, but it was like an MMO without the bits that make an MMO good and not the best community.

15. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

shame i refuse to play MMO's i guess

16. Hells_Bliss

Hells_Bliss New Member

i'd hit it up for a little while.

17. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Well, at least it's the original creators of the game... Not just some enthusiasts like Beth

Tags: Add Tags