1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Interview Tomorrow :(

Discussion in 'General' started by antec900, 9 Oct 2011.

1. antec900

antec900 Minimodder

Okay so i just received an email about a Honda motorcycle apprenticeship that I really really want lol...

I am told that i have to ring back to do an over the phone interview before they arrange a dealership interview ...

Pretty nervous as this is very important to me ... :wallbash:

Just wondering if you guys have any ideas of what i should expect, also is there anything specific I should know about Honda? Not sure what kind of qs they will ask over the phone... any ideas?

Thanks

and I hope u can help :D

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Just man up and be confident.

(confident, not cocky)

3. MrJoosh

MrJoosh What's a Dremel?

Make sure you read up a bit on Honda... They really like their hybrid energy / renewable energy / environmental stuff so have a good clue what they're currently working on.

My main tip though is to relax, be confident and speak clearly.

Regards,

Josh

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

4. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

I've got no advice but I wish you the best of luck :thumb:

mvagusta likes this.
  5. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

+1 be confident, but the last thing they want to employ is another know it all, that the mechanics have to argue with everyday. The ideal Apprentice is someone who does exactly what they are told, and only has to be told once.

You would want to appear intelligent, but willing to learn/listen/take instructions. Any knowledge or experience you mention, would probably be best followed up with "...i'm looking forward to seeing how the professionals here do it."

No need to go over the top with the language either, as you'll be working with mechanics, not philosophy lecturers. Some of the GM mechanics I worked with didn't know anything technical about the engines, such as the purpose of a camshaft, but the thing is that 99% of the time they don't need to. Any troublesome jobs can get done by the couple of mechanics that have a clue. Perhaps working at Honda wouldn't be as demotivating?

I used to want to be a mechanic, but after a couple of weeks working at GM, I totally lost interest in that job. The main reason, is that working as a mechanic, is a DAMN DIRTY JOB! Captain obvious I know, but after a week of scrubbing away like mad every night, it get's pretty annoying. Barrier cream helps a little, but depending on the people you have to work with, you might not want to let the other mechanics see you put that on.

You've got to take a bit of care to not scratch the panels or interior of a car, but it's worse with a bike, as you'll have to remove at least one of the panels every service. If you put one tiny scratch in the paint, you're probably going to hear about it.

Most days will be something like this: Remove panel, drain oil, change spark plugs, replace filter, fill oil, adjust chain, replace panel, bleed brakes, repeat x 10, go home and scrub like mad for an hour. Don't wanna scrub? No probs, hope you don't mind girls avoiding you like the plague.

6. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Or, buy a box of surgical gloves and change them frequently. Especially the sexy black latex ones, no one wants to know why you have those around. :hehe:

7. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

ooooo, I'm getting those for work!

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Work in Soho by chance? :lol:

9. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

You know this already, you usually take advantage of my gingers ride half price offer on the first Sunday of every month.

10. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

just remember, be someone your dad/mom would be proud of.. that should keep you humble through the interview if your a jackass