1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Invertors near drives?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Bossman, 2 Jan 2004.

1. Bossman

Bossman What's a Dremel?

Anyone had any problems or know of any problems that might be caused by putting a cathode invertor next to hard drives or Optical drives?

I was planning on putting my invertor in the spare bay between the hard drive and CD drive, practically sat on the IDE cables. I've never done this before since i've always had room at the base of the case somewhere.

2. RobbieGSM

RobbieGSM Banned

dont think there would be any problem mate :)

3. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

I've got two inverters stuck to the side of my HDD cage, and have no problems, even if they are turned on/off while the computer is on.

4. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

That has crashed my computer when I had them positioned like that.

I wouldn't recommend it. There's big voltage in them, I don't think it can be a good thing.

5. Xiachunyi

Xiachunyi What's a Dremel?

It's really dependent on how much EMI escapes out of the inverters and how strong your signals are. Depending on environment circumstances it might effect you or not. Placing it near metal that surrounds the critical component/pathways will lax the field since the metal acts like a faraday cage.

Go ahead and try it and see if it causes any change, I'd recommend data backup and some testing after placement though so keep that in mind.