1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IP Banned

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by radziecki, 2 Jan 2021.

1. radziecki

radziecki What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

Couple of weeks ago I found out that my IP has been banned from the forum. Strange thing is I'm on a dynamic IP, changing every now and then (not sure what's my ISP's pattern is). I'm currently going through a VPN, and my account has not been suspended or deleted (like you can see)...

Who should I reach out to to lift the ban? I assume someone made mess, tried DDOSing or something, and now I'm paying for his sins :)

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Hi there. 99% of the IPs banned are from the stopforumspam database so you would have to contact them. If your IP address isn't in there then please PM me the banned IP address and I'll have a look

3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

It happens to me occasionally, when connecting throught NordVPN - just connect via a different server.

4. radziecki

radziecki What's a Dremel?

Thing is I don't use any VPNs on a daily basis. To write this I used the one built into Opera browser (that I almost never use).

Checked - it's not there. PMed you as per your suggestion :)

MLyons likes this.
  5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I think this issue has now been fixed and I've figured out why people have been getting IP banned with no explanation on our end.

Ends up that a lot of old IP bans were done on subnets and pretty big ones IMO. The mod system for looking for IP bans doesn't include IP addresses in a banned subnet. Only ones specifically banned.

Arboreal likes this.
  6. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I reckon this guy is more like 70% dev, 30% doge?

7. MLyons

Mind sending me an example of one of these IP addresses. Going to clean up the IP addresses monday

I'm stealing that

8. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

It only happens occasionally, but I'll log the IP next time I see it.

MLyons likes this.