1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other iPad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Miffers, 28 May 2010.

1. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

I just wish there was an ITouch XXL like 7" with ION IGP, so I could use flash on WiFi and watch movies while travelling something with 12 plus video hours.

2. GMX09

GMX09 Frequent Tweaker

Can't say I'm the biggest Apple fan. I despise the fact that a massive premium is put on every single one of their products in the name of the logo. Not to mention what I hate even more is that people persist to buy this crap when better products are hidden out of sight.

3. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

And what is the better product in this case?

4. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I would normally agree with this but not in this case. There is no other OS designed as well for mobile devices than apples. The N900 had a good OS IMO but apple's had theirs for years now. I don't want to hold my breath for a win 7 device unless microsoft design a proper mobile OS and that leaves google's OS. I love the idea of cloud computing but they need a company to design a decent piece of hardware to run it on. Apple have "a"/the complete package with hardware and software and ATM there is no competition. In my eyes the ipad isn't perfect nor complete. I would wait a few generations before buying one (when they integrate a phone into it and conference calling lol) and at the price probably be a second hand one. I just hope that other companies stop with these "frankinstein" devices and actually think things through. Win 7 is a great OS but it isn't suited to the mobile sector and i doubt intel's atom is either. People want great battery life and speed but in balance and I feel apple have managed this.

Im starting to come round to the ipad but compared to iphones it does seem pointless and even then i prefer other devices out there. Unless it gets some of the features current iphones have I will avoid it. The main thing that interests me tho is video playback. Out of interest, whats video playback like on the ipad?