1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Ipad2 video watching app? (mkv, avi, wmv, no conversion)

Discussion in 'Software' started by krazykid035, 29 Dec 2011.

1. krazykid035

krazykid035 Entrepreneur

So I got a new ipad2 for Christmas and I can't figure out which app is best for watching the tv shows and movies I have downloaded to my pc. When my ipad2 is connected to my pc i want to just drag the video files to the ipad's harddrive and goto the app and watch it. Or is converting the video to mp4 the better idea? Any help?

2. matt_lumley

matt_lumley You're only supposed to...

to be fair I would suggest converting them to *.mp4 and putting them into iTunes, has always worked for me!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

3. AderynGlas

AderynGlas New Member

I'm currently doing the same as Matt, although it is a right PITA.

Might just have to bite the bullet?

4. Edwards

Edwards Active Member

A quick google revealed this thread on the mac-rumours forum

At a glance the suggested apps are:

Oplayer
    Goodplayer
    AV Player HD
    EC Player

I don't have any apple products, so I can't vouch for the quality of any of these, but one of them may suit?

5. krazykid035

krazykid035 Entrepreneur

I've read that forum thread and it helped narrow it down to those but I was hoping someone had used one so I knew it worked. When people post reviews/ratings they don't mention what device they are using the app on. Would it technically work the same across all devices using the same OS?

Going the mp4 route.... Anyone have a program they swear by? (winAVI, handbrake, road movie, etc)

6. AderynGlas

AderynGlas New Member

Just downloaded and started using WinX Converter. Found out about it from reading a review on handbrake. Also downloaded dvdfab, but not tried it yet.

Will give it a go in the new year and compare.

7. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

Everyone has so far suggested converting and then syncing the files, which is fine for when you want to take a season of stuff with you on holiday, but for just quickly watching your latest download it is longtime lame. I use Air Video, which will transcode videos on the fly as it streams them to the iPad. Quite nice, really.