1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News iPhone 4G revealed?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 20 Apr 2010.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Edit button. Bottom right. Please? Pretty please?
    But you're new, you didn't know better.

2. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

Your not going to dignify my comments with any other reply, by replying to my comments?

Rriiiggghhhtttt..............!

3. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

Of course, one problem that rears its ugly head is that I now have hundreds of paid apps on my iPhone ... and soon I'll likely have a hundred apps on iPad and then there is the connectivity between my Mac and iPhone and iPad ... So even if another phone from another company arrived that was a lot more functional than the iPhone 4G I would likely not buy it due to losing access to all my apps. Not that any other company comes close at the moment anyway ...

Oh and the new design is pretty sexy tbh.

4. perplekks45

Doesn't come close is not really true though, is it?
    Android's making a hell of a lot of progress recently, I think. And guess what: I don't have to pay for a new OS. :p

But then again, it's not that expensive...

5. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan What's a Dremel?

Sorry but I made that post at work by using the 'Post Comment' at the bottom of the news article, not in the forum - the forums are blocked at work. So no, there is not an edit button.
    I know how to use an edit button - please don't patronise me.

6. Byron C

Byron C Official Necromancer

And so Apple's vision of getting customer "buy in" completely works - you're now almost irrevocably tied to their products :).

As far as I knew - correct me if I'm wrong, because I only own an iPod touch - but upgrades for the iPhone OS are free for those with an iPhone on contract. Only iPod touch users have to pay to upgrade the OS, and even then it's only for major versions (such as version 3.1.2 to 4.0, not 3.1.1 to 3.1.3). I upgraded as soon as I bought my iPod; although the £5.99 cost of an OS upgrade seemed nothing at the time, compared to the £160-odd I'd just spent on the device!

Until Windows Phone 7 devices start to appear on the market (real production units, not just demo models) and the OS matures a little, Android is the only serious competition for the iPhone. HTC + Android seem to be making some serious in-roads at the moment. Though they're a very long way from seriously competing with Apple's brand power.

7. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

This is BS direct marketing

8. perplekks45

@ BLC:

Yes, I think you're kinda right there. I gladly paid the 5 or 6 quid for 3.0 because it really brought something new to the device [iPod Touch 2nd Gen].

Yet I decided against an iPhone when I got my latest phone contract in December and I'm happy I went with Android. Though I have to admit iPhones have their selling points, my girlfriend wouldn't want any other phone for example. It's just soooo easy to use. ;)

9. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

... and that works fine for me as long as the devs keep pumping out quality apps :thumb:

Of course if the devs drop iPhone then I am buggered ... not likely though ;)

Tags: Add Tags