1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Equipment iPhone fashion shoot

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by RinSewand, 17 Dec 2010.

1. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

Just found this video - I imagine some of you will have seen it before but it's staggering the quality of the pictures you can get out of it!

Found on: http://fstoppers.com/iphone/

Makes me want to go see what mine will do - anyone got any studio lighting?

RwD

Last edited: 17 Dec 2010
  2. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Some of those photos look 'shopped. I can tell from having seen many 'shops in my time and from the pixels.

3. SpaceBaby

SpaceBaby AKA: Stophon

he said he would send them to get touched up after so ye they are shooped just like 99.99% of all modelling pics.

it is quite cool non the less, but you still need the lighting equipment to get a photo like that even if it was with an iphone camera

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

You're kidding, right? /sarcasm

5. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

I did actually laugh out loud at 'Olympus,' and at the phone call.

Watching this reminds me how I really need to get myself some reflectors and decent lighting gear.

6. Threefiguremini

Threefiguremini What's a Dremel?

Ha ha pretty funny start to the video.

To be honest though ~90% of the 'goodness' of a photograph comes from the photographer. If you gave me a D3x and a full studio set up I'd still produce dodgy shots. As this video shows you can give a good photographer a rubbish camera and he can still produce great shots.

Although to be fair he was using some amazing looking lighting equipment and when your video starts by saying people complain to you they don't have enough equipment.... Doesn't really help to get your point across

7. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

90% of all good studio shots are down to the lighting and how the photographer controls it, you can shoot the shot with any camera but if the lighting is set up right you'll get pretty much the same result out of any camera you shoot with.

Edit - Just watched part of the video, where he starts with his readers complaining about not having enough equipment to shoot a fashion shoot, Then he goes onto say he's going to do an entire shoot with an iPhone.
    He didn't mention that he is using Profoto hot lights (£1000 each) Make up artist, Pro model & a pro Hair stylist then he is sending the photos to a studio to edit them, so what part of that is not having any equipment???

Give him an iPhone, amateur model that does her own hair and make up and a reflector for light then see how well he does with an iPhone.

Last edited: 18 Dec 2010
  8. Tim S

Tim S OG

Photography is all about light and the photographer's eyes... who woulda thunk it? ;)

On a more serious note that's not the best video I've seen, but the important message to take from it is that lighting equipment, a good pair of photographer's eyes and knowing how to use both of them is more important than the camera itself. The camera should almost be a secondary consideration.

9. JoeK

JoeK Minimodder

Very valid point, I've never seen lighthing equipment as big and as impressive as those. I would like to see a video with say an iphone and $200 worth of equipment and no retouching. That would give me hope to try. I have a Sony DSLR [priced ~£400] that I never managed to get photos out of any better than a high end compact digital camera.

10. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

This and this again. :thumb:

11. ninety2wo

ninety2wo What's a Dremel?

Ehhh Iphones are overrate, I'll stick to my SLR thanks