1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other iPhone / iPad / Android development - Potentially looking for partners

Discussion in 'General' started by Jenny_Y8S, 18 Apr 2010.

1. Jenny_Y8S

Jenny_Y8S Guest

Hi

I've got a few ideas for mobile apps which as of yet haven't been done before, I'm looking into my options as to getting these developed and out there.

The most likely scenario is the apps will stay as ideas, but I'm thinking of developing them myself, maybe partnering up with someone(s) else. To split and share the coding / marketing etc and of course split the profits.

The apps themselves would not be difficult to code, we're talking standard UI work with some of them needing a bit of basic animation and audio. They wouldn't be "too" niche, and I believe they have the potential to do well. Some of them would need an amount of prep work for what will go into the app, so it's not all coding - some of the other stuff is even more fun - some of it probably isn't :(

If anyone is interested then reply here or send me a PM.

For the one paragraph bio: I decided to take some time off "real work" to finish a novel or two (write not read), but my original background (before I packed it in a few weeks ago) is in IT. Technical Director / Technical Architect type stuff in the web arena, focussing on websites, e-commerce and CMS systems for the charity sector.

2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 New Member

Generally when I get told "not too difficult to program" it ends up being this massive, over-engineered, convoluted idea so you'll pardon my skepticism.. :p

You're aware of the language differences between AppleOS and Android right (Objective C and Java/XML respectively)?

That being said, I may be interested

3. Jenny_Y8S

Jenny_Y8S Guest

LOL, yeah I hear you, but no we're talking:

• Basic UI work
    • Basic animation
    • Basic audio record & playback (Maybe some processing on the audio on some apps)
    • Nothing which should require any third part tools
    • No reliance on hosted web services or similar
    Nothing funky, nothing which needs 101 threads to run, nothing which a design change half way through would require binning all the work completed so far.

And yes, I'm fully aware of the language differences between the platforms. I personally have plenty of MS experience, a bit of Objective C (Enough for these projects) but virtually no Java.

My current thinking is to start on the Apple side, maybe move onto the Google platform once I've done more research on the commercials around selling apps on that platform.

4. airchie

airchie New Member

I'm not experienced enough to assist I'm afraid but I do have a few ideas too and intend to try to get myself up to speed to do them soon.
    So I'd be interested in reading about your progress.
    You planning to start a blog etc about it? :)