1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple iPhone

Discussion in 'Software' started by 1e8o, 6 Dec 2006.

1. 1e8o

1e8o What's a Dremel?

How do you think the iPhone will look like?

I like this design the most

[​IMG]

2. NoahFuLing

NoahFuLing What's a Dremel?

I honestly think Apple is going to absolutely pwn the market with something incredible and amazingly different from anything they've ever made, design-wise. For example, compare the 1/2 gen to the 3rd gen iPod, and the 3rd to the 4/5/5.5 gen. Look at the design differences, yet keeping the same key controls. There will be some form of circular interface, but I'm betting on something really really really cool, who knows what.

3. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

The iPods have barely changed at all...they've got slimmer, moved the buttons about and got colour screens for vids. I don't see how Apple are really going to 'pwn' the phone market with so many strong competitors out there already with much more experience in the field.

<A88>

4. fev

fev Industry Fallout

if they can bundle in a 5mp camera, flash memory cards and have a menu system like the n series or the k800i then i might buy

until then it's the new nokia i'm gonna get through work

5. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

design differences :confused: i hope that was sarcasm

every ipod is square with a wheel in the middle. the front is colored the back is chromed.

6. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

At the moment Sony Ericsson make some of the most reliable phones on the planet from my experience and from what I have seen my two have been bullet proof and from what others have said they are very good. Id say people are more worried about cam and phone rather than Mp3 and phone

7. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

obviously never owned a T610...

that ******* of a phone was always good for locking up and randomly restarting itself

8. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

I had a t610 and it was fine, that never happened to me. Even so, that technology is over 3 years old now and is not a sign of what SE are doing now.

9. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

My T610 was just a bit slow on the menus, never locked up or crashed...

10. ajack

ajack rox

I'm backing a completely inferior phone with far fewer features than the majority of models currently available which people will buy because everyone else has one and it's "cool".

11. exavier412

exavier412 What's a Dremel?

I personally cannot wait until apple brings out a phone. I'm very impressed with their os/computers/mp3 players. And a phone that ran as smoothly as these would be great. I can pretty much gaurantee I will buy the iPhone if it has a qwerty keyboard.

12. 1e8o

1e8o What's a Dremel?

I'm going to buy one any way, my phone is at the point of breaking down...:S
    And i'm really looking forward to apple's phone. I hope there would be some special feature that other phones dont have (cant think of anything). But I'm buying it anyway :p My first apple product ever, I really want an mac book. But a 17 year old student dont have that amount of money right away...

13. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

That's pretty much my stance in not so many words.

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Same here. I have had a Motorola Razr for several years now and people can't understand why I won't upgrade. But to me it is all a phone needs to be, and nothing it doesn't need to be. Nothing has come along that I consider an improvement.

15. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

With the exception of the motorola UI, its a cool little phone.

16. weknowtheworld

weknowtheworld Banned

gr8 coll iphone to go on...

17. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Excactly the same here.
    When the contract for my Razr round out, I had a good look at all the other options, but really could't find any reason to shell out another £25 p/month on something that did little more than the Razr. To me, it's still the sexiest phone around and I only have to top it up with £10 of credit every now and then to get up to 300 texts. I wouldn't mind a Windows Mobile smartphone, but until they make one as pretty as the Razr and well priced, I've got no reason to upgrade.
    Although we're acceptant of all nationalities and languages on these forums and try to avoid appearing hostile towards others, please keep your posts in English as the majority of our users speak in it. :thumb:

<A88>

18. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

As a previous owner of the Razr phone, I can say that you dont realise how much of a piece of crap that phone is until you get rid of it. Its slow for texting, the screen isn't great, the camera is aweful, it doesnt do music or video well, it has no expansion, the software isnt great and it looks rubbish open when your using it.

Basicaly it looks very nice closed and the keypad is nice, but thats it. Pretty and pretty damn unfunctional.

19. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

:rolleyes:

Sorry mate, I have owned at least three different k750i 's and one T610. They are absolute rubbish. The specs are amazing, they look great, they offer great compability for there connectivity and all for a fair price. But all my SE phones had software issue's. Menu-animations turned black, phone would lock up, settings changed, camera refuses to work.. sudden loss of reception..

When they work, they are amazing. Sadly though, you can't rely on them to work when you need them. And for me, a phone needs to be very reliable.

I used my siemens S45 for over two years without any problems. My dad is still using this phone as his main phone today.. no problems what-so-ever, even the battery is still holding out pretty good.

After the k750i mess, I switched to a Samsung E770. The camera is very poor compared to the k750i, the bluetooth options are just sad and it's not that pretty. But it works! ALL THE TIME!

L

PS: On topic: An apple phone could be cool! I might buy one, when they prove they can built decent phones.

20. 1e8o

1e8o What's a Dremel?

They probably will manage to get an decent phone, knowing that apple have made quality products before :D
    I really hope so.

Tags: