1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple iPod Photo Dead?

Discussion in 'Software' started by 69X, 20 Jun 2006.

1. 69X

69X What's a Dremel?

Heres my dilemma. My buddy gave me his old Ipod, 4th gen, as a present, since his parents gave him a new one. Its served me well, for a long time, I LOVE the thing, totally changed my perspective on it just being a "trendy" item. Well, fast forward 4 months. I go to the gym. I put the ipod on the bench while I change. Then I dont know what happened, but I turn around and see it falling. It fell on the ground and it didnt sound very well. It then froze later on while playing so I restarted it, and it was fine. All good for now. figured it just survived a bad accident. Next day, Ipod wont boot up. It shows me a sad faced ipod and tells me to visit the apple ipod support thing. Well, I did that but it wont help, I tried all their nonsense. It SEEMS like, the hard drive is screwed. I took it apart and checked for loose parts and nothing is present. The hard drive barely spins up, like a desperate cry, then the support message thingy comes up. What do you guys suggest I do? take it to an apple store or just ebay for a replacement hard drive?

2. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

I would say the best thing to do, is to take it to an Apple store, if they say you need a new HDD, then it's quite likely you will do, but check other forums, mac related forums before you commit any money towards doing anything which requires money.

Ebay will obviously be cheaper, but if you go to an apple store, you can be sure that they will not mess anything up in the process of repairing the iPod.

Tags: