1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple ipod shuffle problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by maxxbasher, 25 Dec 2005.

1. maxxbasher

maxxbasher What's a Dremel?

Looking for a little bit of help, just got an ipod shuffle today for christmas present. I have transferred songs via the autofill feature, and i assume it was a success.
    Now here's the problem, when pressing the play button i cannot hear any songs i have constantly pressed the volume button in case it was turned down but still nothing, i have also found out that you can lock the play button by pressing it for three seconds, when doing this the light should flash orange for locked and green for unlocked but this doesn't work either. Could somebody please give me some guidance for what might be wrong.

2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Try it with different headphones, they could be borked.

3. maxxbasher

maxxbasher What's a Dremel?

Done that, still nothing, anymore ideas, I'm trying not to belive it could be knackered already.

4. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Start hitting the software side of things then.

I don't have an iPod or iTunes, so I'm just guessing here...

But can you wipe it and only load one known mp3? Something that's good and loud and you're sure isn't a broken mp3 with nothing but silence.

Have you RTFM? It could be a case of user error, I know I'm full of christmas beer / cheer :D

5. Jathm

Jathm What's a Dremel?

also try the ipod updater to upgrade firmware of the shuffle. always helps mine when it has issues

6. planki

planki ...

slid the switch on the back to shuffle or repeat?? well anything other than off anyway.

Tags: