1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding IR Receiver - The Professional Way

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Devil_H@ck, 7 Jun 2003.

1. Devil_H@ck

Devil_H@ck What's a Dremel?

Ok, I've seen quite a lot or IR receivers here, but they all need some sort of driver, program, etc.
    A year ago I came acros the site of a Belgian who made an MP3 box and who used a really good IR receiver.
    The IR receiver layout and stuff are from Elektuur, the biggest and best electronics magazine in the Netherlands and Belgium.

The IR receiver doesn't need any sort of driver, since it acts as a keyboard. First you program it by pushing a button, pushing a button on your remote control and finaly pushing a button on a keyboard that needs to be connected to the circuit only for setting it up. When everything is done and the receivers gets a signal from the remote it will send a signal to the pc, just like a keyboard would.

I know that this is not really a guide, but I do think it should be in here.
    Off course, credits go to subsonic for putting everything on his site.

Go to the site and scroll down to Links, there is the link for the AVR programmer you need to use to program a chip in the circuit.

Next go to Downloads and download everything with Elektuur in front of it. Off course non-Dutch speaking peope won't understand anything of it, so they only have to download page2, page 3, PCB layout & source code.

I this doens't belong here, pls move.

Last edited: 8 Jun 2003
  2. penski

penski BodMod

Professional.

*n

3. Devil_H@ck

Devil_H@ck What's a Dremel?

Was there something wrong?
    I didn't edit anything, really :worried:.