1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron Ice:Update:4|09|04 :: Airbrushing Endeavors

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by [t0rc], 12 Jan 2004.

1. TMM

TMM Modder

id use one small RED ccfl at the top (since red is quite a powerful colour) and have some blue and white ones at the bottom ( for the "ICE" )

you could also use a thick peice of smoked/rough plexi with a jagged wave shape cut out and stuck at the bottom in addition to the normal case window. combined with the blue and white CCFLs, this would give a great ICE effect :)

2. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

Whoa....Revelation!

Thank you everyone for your ideas!

<TMM> I think Im going to stay away from the red until my next project...I have a bad habit formed: I already have the layout and design for my next project. Anyways, the blue lights with the white lights, its pure genius. :thumb: :clap: This is what I said when I read ur post: :baby: LOL. Well thnx for the great idea and I more than likely will use it. And of course the credit will go to you. :D

3. TMM

TMM Modder

no prob ;) im always thinking of ideas but im always to poor to make them myself :p im working on a similar effect with plexi at the moment, its working out well :p

4. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

Swamped

Sorry that there hasnt been any updates for a while, I've been swamped with work the last few weeks and haven't had a chance to do much more than take a glance at the case. I'm trying to free up my schedule so I can work on it all this weekend.

5. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

Finally... A bit of an update!

Well between remodeling my room, building $2100 worth of an aluminum walk-in closet complete w/desk, drawers, etc. :wallbash: I had a little time to work on the case. I finally created a design that I am satisfied with and went ahead and cut it out, I also put blue lights in it for these pics: [​IMG]
    I definetely like the blue the best and I believe that is what Im going to stick with. In the meantime I will be working on cutting out the rest of the drive bays, and the top window. I have to get some more plexi, and once I do the window will be complete. As for the cutting of this window, I did it with a jigsaw. I would've liked to use a dremel but the plastic in the middle of the plate tears and looks really bad when its done with a dremel. Well I will be keeping busy with a lot of projects that have popped up recently :waah: :dremel: but I will have time for the case and hopefully be posting updates regularly. :clap: :rock: :dremel:

6. KONIJN

KONIJN What's a Dremel?

i like the design looks good with blue light

7. Balder

Balder Calmer than a monk on morphine

WOW!
    That looks reaaaly cool :D
    Love the window and the bloo looks prettydarngood!

8. Incorpirate

Incorpirate What's a Dremel?

very nice design. sounds like another rich lil modder here :p
    blue looks dope

9. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

Window is complete.

Well the window in the side is complete, as you can see above. I put the plexi in it today and it looks exactly like it does above. You can't even tell that there is a window inside of it. My room has neared completion...finally :sigh:.

<Incorpirate> hmm...lets just call it being lucky with the alum. I have to pay for nearly 100% of everything I get. So don't get me mixed up with a spoiled brat stereotype. :nono: :hehe:

Thank you again, everyone, for the posts and thoughts, and encouragement! And keep 'em coming please! :clap: :clap:

I will probably post a few pictures of my room later today just so you can all see why its taking so long. Also, I have begun to organize the parts for the inside of the computer. There are a few parts that I have been wanting to experiment with due to how cheap they are and see what all I can do with them for my next project...a LAN kinda all-in-1 deal. So this pc won't be getting full ATX nor maximum component quality yet. Eventually after I am done mutilating this board and the few other parts that I'm ordering, I will order them again, use the successful mods that I liked from the experimenting, and then order a full set of high-end ATX components for Iron Ice here. Along with those pictures of my room later, I'll post the parts that Im going to be ordering as soon as I can.

10. DreamModder!

DreamModder! What's a Dremel?

grrr so nice, im thinking about use the same materials as you do to my projekt, you have given me som insperation.

keep it up good work!

11. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

niiiiiiiiice... :thumb: :baby:

Methinks MY project is going to be making a nice little Linux box to serve as router, internet connection, and quite possibly small file server for things needed on all the computers at my house. That, and a little mod I plan on doing to my sister's miserable POS computer, involving a better Motherboard (Any reccomendations for a nice low cost Micro-ATX AMD motherboard?) And an AMD XP 1700+ (Anyone want to sell me one cheap? I have almost nill money) And 256 MB of PC 2100 RAM (Anyone able to give me some cheap?) Lastly, for actual modding, lets just say I am considering some Pearl-White paint... (Any advice on how to give a computer a nice looking paint job without breaking the wallet?) (I am so poor... :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah: ) If anyone can supply me with said goods, please E-mail me at amiliarch@hotmail.com . Thanks!

12. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

My room that is in the works...

Heres a few pictures of my room that is in the works and has been devastating all my chances to get to work on the case. :sigh: :sigh: :waah: It will be done soon. Hopefully within the week. I just have to finish a few panels and then do all 6 of the drawers, and the sliding doors up top and then Im done. Well I have to do lighting too....easy. White ccfls hidden like those green ones, and just hide the inverter too. As for a list of the computer components, well that will be in a few minutes once I get the list finalized. :clap:

[​IMG]

13. 1398342003

1398342003 Ubermodder

Are you building your furniture out of this stuff? If so than :thumb: I always wanted to do exactly that.

Oh, your case looks cool so far. Personally it looks good blue, red, and green.

14. valium

valium What's a Dremel?

Best bet with the lighting would be to do all the colors thru a switch just so you never get tired. You planning on chroming any of that case?

15. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

Replies...

<1398342003> I'm actually not sure how much furniture I'm going to make out of it. I think that I may go ahead and make a chair further on down the road but who knows.

<valium> Using all 3 sets of lights, is something that I have been debating upon. I'm not quite sure what Im going to do tho as of yet. As for chroming, I was thinking about it but I'm honestly not sure if that much reflection would look good.

16. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Well, excellent work so far, (t0rc). I think this is going to be one of the coolest projects yet on Bit-Tech!

17. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

thanks and an explanation of sorts

Thanx for the encouragement and hope that you are right!

If anyone was wondering why I decided to post pictures of this wonderful desk project and why I've built it. Well the answer is quite simply: I needed something to put the case on...that matched the case. lol. :hehe: :lol:

18. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

Normal Light Pictures...

Someone suggested to me that I should post some normal light pictures, so you can actually see the case and not just the blue light: :thumb:

[​IMG]

19. Xgamer

Xgamer What's a Dremel?

Nicely cut window. Looking good :thumb:

20. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

Top Window Completed

I completed the top window last night and didn't have time to post, therefore I am doing it right now. Here is the top cut out:
    [​IMG]
    ^^Theres the top just set into the case slots. One of the best parts about using the materials I did is that you dont have to have any screws for the windows. It makes them easy to replace and they stay in perfectly. :rock:
    [​IMG]
    ^^There is the top of the case set on top of a crappy card table...
    [​IMG]
    ^^And a more final-ish picture of the top cut out with the blue CCFL's turned on, although it is assembled in the picture without the end pieces on.
    • AMD Duron 1.8GHz
    • Shuttle nForce2 IGP Chipset Motherboard w/GeForce4 MX440 Onboard
    • Kingmax SuperRAM Series 256MB DDR PC-2700
    • Pioneer 16X DVD-ROM 120S
    • Spire WhisperRock IV CPU Heatsing and Fan
    • Allied 400W ATX PSU w/ Two Fans
    And of course Artic Silver Ceramique Thermal Paste.
    Just to let everyone know, these are definitely not the parts for the case when it is going to be 100% done. :nono: These are just parts I am testing for another computer that will be on the way sooner or later. They will be modded a great deal, and then I will reorder the parts that I like, switch the ones I don't, and add the mods that look cool and work. :clap: :hip: Have a good day everyone.