1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron Ice:Update:4|09|04 :: Airbrushing Endeavors

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by [t0rc], 12 Jan 2004.

1. dudeyourmomiscute!

dudeyourmomiscute! What's a Dremel?

you should modify your hard drive mounts with smaller brackets so you can fit more in there dude.

2. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

[QUOTE='[t0rc]'<DETN8R> Well what size were you using? My case weighs like 13 lbs... Im using 20mm x 20mm bars... and a few 20mm x 40mm[/QUOTE]

Mine were 1inX1in. But I didnt use as much as you and my case was smaller, I used plexiglass as well.

3. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Dont forget that his material of choice is extruded aluminum:by default, it is going to be lighter than most other materials. Not to mention the plexiglass in use is very light and fairly thin.

4. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

Replies..

I just got inside, and after spraying a few more pieces I have finally found a good way to keep perfect lines and no lifting of the stencil. I'll post the results from my spraypainting that I will do tomorrow.

<dudeyourmomiscute!> I don't think that I am going to have more than 3 harddrives, but if I want to, I'll be able to. I can easily mount more how the CD drives will be mounted, and the brackets can be made smaller.

Um...I'm going to bed. Been working all day and painting. :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: Thnx for t3h comments everyone. BTW, I got the correct screws finally so I should be able to complete the HDD mounts tomorrow, assuming that the spraypainting doesnt take long. :thumb: Have a good evening all!

5. FourDee

FourDee What's a Dremel?

Nice :D
    What's the weight of the case?
    I'm making a metal cube myself and its getting pretty heavy.
    But that's normal right? :worried:

6. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

yep

Yeah, your case getting gradually heavier is perfectly normal. My case weighs in at 14 lbs. But remember that my case is made from aluminum. And steel/metal is heavier than aluminum.

As for the design, well I have figured out a way to get the designs to be perfect, so I will be doing that for most of the day. As for the HDD mounts, those should be finished by tonight, but I have to go to work again today so I dunno. Have a good day, and I will report back later!

7. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Cant wait to see the results of the Blue Metallic paint stuff :D Well, I have to get off and go to church soon... Starts at 12 oclock, takes an hour to get there, and ends at two, and of course, we spend an hour afterwards and an hour getting back on average... I wish that didnt take so long... I need some time for my modding too! :hehe:

8. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

Finally!!!!!

Today I went and did the real piece...and then I went to work. When I return I found that something had fallen on the piece and was very :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :waah: :waah: :grr: :geek: :grr: After all that, I went ahead and cut out a whole new front panel. The original one was ruined with paint all over the whole thing and it seeped under the plastic and ruined the aluminum. I used some cleaner on it but it left very nasty stains on the panel. So after sacrificing my hours of work on the first panel, I cut out a new one and went ahead and spent another few hours working on it and painted it. Here are the current results:
    [​IMG]
    The left side is touched up, and the one on the right is going to be soon. . . I just think the design is cursed :hehe: :sigh: :wallbash: Heres a few more pictures:[​IMG] As for the HDD mounts, I didnt have time today to finish them, but tomorrow should be the day after I touch up that panel. Have a good day everyone!

9. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Even if the stuff isnt working out very well, I think the end result was well worth the effort involved :) Keep up the good work and awesome modding, [t0rc]!

10. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

It has been accomplished.

The design on the front panel is finally done. I finished it up this morning. :rock: :rock: Take a look and tell me what you think:
    [​IMG] :hip: :hip:

11. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

interesting... I a, ;iking the case more and more... good work

12. xrain

xrain Minimodder

it looks awsome mate :thumb: , the blue realy matches the aluminum, now... just dont scrach it :nono: this might be a great lanner since it wont weigh that much, keep it up cant wait for more

13. TMM

TMM Modder

:baby: that is a sweet design, gotta love bl00 flames :eek: :hip:

good job m8 :thumb:

14. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

Power!!!

The power supply did arrive quite a while ago, but I haven't had the time to work on the case or play with the PSU, so when I got home today I decided to test out the PSU. First off, here are the pictures:
    [​IMG]
    This PSU is an Allied 400w. The fans are nearly silent, and the lines have +-1-2% tolerances. After testing them, I found this to be true.
    • $36, that includes shipping.
    • 8 x Peripheral connectors
    • 1 x SATA Connector
    • 1 x auxilary connector
    • 1 x 2x2 ATX 12v Connector
    • 2 x Floppy Connectors
    Theres a few pros to the PSU. I didn't like the fact that it didn't come with screws to mount it and the fact that you have to have the PSU plugged into a mobo for it to turn on. One more bad thing was that it didnt come with braided wires for neatness and airflow. This is all I've had time to test for. Once I get the mobo, etc for the computer I will post more on temps, etc. Well thats all for now.

15. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Power to the masses! :D sweet PSU, and a great deal :) Keep up the good work, [t0rc]!

16. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Bump-

**Starts Chanting** We want updates! We want updates! We want Updates! :D

17. Ducarii

Ducarii What's a Dremel?

wow, thats a really sweet deal, might I ask where you picked that little beauty up?

18. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Umm, hes building the case himself from scratch! Read the thread, lol! :D

19. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

20. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

looks cool. Going well mate. Good luck..