1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron Ice:Update:4|09|04 :: Airbrushing Endeavors

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by [t0rc], 12 Jan 2004.

1. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Now THIS sounds promising :D Hmmm... If you are going to use some sort of applique on the surface, you could **POSSIBLY** use thin (1/2-1 mm) of plastic on which you draw a pattern. You can then cut the plastic with an exacto-knife. Good luck with this ;)

...God I hate being stuck on school Dell Optiplex GX-270s. No MSN access :waah:

2. JavaDog

JavaDog What's a Dremel?

Actually, that is pretty much what pro car painters will do... :D

3. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

lol! :hehe:

For anyone who hasnt noticed BTW, Nvidia is officially unveiling its newest generation video cards next week :D Hey Torc, maybe you can be the first one to put one into your PC :p

4. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

Righto but. . .. theres always a but. . .

Right, thats about what I thought I would do. The same thing I did with the front panel flames. Thing is, anyone have an idea where I can get self-adhesive plastic like that?

<RotoSequence> lol. Haven't talked to you in a while. What class are you in??

5. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Actually, I am currently in my TIP class (Computers stuff) Right now, we have nothing to work on officially, so thats why I am currently online.

I dont think it would be necessary to have the plastic itself be self adhesive-you should be able to find some sort of double sided adhesive that you could put on the plastic. Well, I guess you could just roll some masking tape and put it on the bottom ;) :hehe:

6. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

LOL! I doubt I could afford the card @ the moment. But who knows. The airbrush stuff is going to cost me a few bucks, but at the moment I think I can make up the $ and profit a few from just doing one custom car job for a friend. Who knows. Hopefully this site gets going and I can have more free time to work on stuff.

I guess it would probably be better to just buy the tape and sheet seperate due to the fact that I have to make sure the adhesive I use won't take off paint or anything. JavaDog, your a large help and you 2 Roto. And well everyone out there is. Im thinking about painting ice particles around the edges of the windows. I was looking at the layout today and put a old POS mobo in the case. I dunno how I am going to pull this off tho. I need some mounts that will keep the mobo up and off of the panel. Plus I have to get an alum panel in there somehow. I have a few ideas but so far, using mounts is the best bet. Other wise the I/O panel doesnt clear the back frame extrusion piece.

7. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Blargh, well thats not a good sign :blah: You could try mounting the motherboard on a piece of plexiglass, although it would be fairly difficult, considering you have to line up all the holes... It is extremely thin though, but you would still need risers in some form or another. I need to go offline to work on getting the Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo to work with these PCs for LAN party day :) I guess I will see you all at 3:00 PST (5 hours from this post :grr: )

8. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Okay, I guess Ill be back on sooner :hehe: I like the idea of doing ice particles on the windows-I personally think it will look cool :)

9. opus13

opus13 What's a Dremel?

hey torc,

where did you pick up those extruded Al bars? ive been trying to find some in my area for months, but all the HW stores look at me like im insane when i describe it. :grr:

thanks!

10. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

They are kind of a rarity. . .

Well the HW stores would definetely not carry them. Unless they specialized in Aluminum Framing. Heres a link for ya:Industrial Profile Systems Hope you found what you need. They will assemble it for you, but it does cost extra. Make sure you have specifics. And they cut exact, down to the mm. Hope I helped ya.