1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Is anyone from the Minneapolis/Minnesota area?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by eightyd, 26 Nov 2003.

1. eightyd

eightyd What's a Dremel?

I am, and I was wondering if anyone is around here too. I was also wondering if anyone knows of any good modding/electronics/pc enthusiast type stores in the twin cities area, or of any good places in general. I am consistently leery of buying modding stuff online, I like to be able to touch and observe a product before I buy it if I am going to put it on display on my pc, and the intarweb just doesn't do much justice.

Thanks

2. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

I live in central Il, and the local places in town that do stock a small selection of mod parts are horrendously overpriced.

3. infernis

infernis What's a Dremel?

The Twin Cities area has an outstanding resource for modding supplies: Ax-Man Surplus. They have so many useful and interesting parts it makes all online stores look expensive and limited in selection. I should note, however, that few items at Ax-Man are new, but most are in good condition. They have a website for locations and hours:

http://www.ax-man.com/

4. The Savior

The Savior What's a Dremel?

I have to second the reccomendation for Ax-man. They have the strangest assortment of... stuff (for lack of a better word) that can be used in modding.