1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Brixton Safe?? (UK)

Discussion in 'General' started by Party_refined, 2 Jun 2005.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Just go - if you get mugged, tough ****. Life's like that - live for the good, not for avoiding the bad. :thumb:

2. mUrml

mUrml What's a Dremel?

Just convince your dad, that you are a ninja, then it'll all be fine :p

Now I don't know how old you are. But just go, if you think you're old enough.
    But as mentioned before, don't take to much of value with you, and pretty much keep to yourself, then you'll be fine.

3. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Love that guy. See him quite often at gig's.

Last he was rambling about pre-marital sex "Don't be a sinner, be a winner" :hehe:

4. Party_refined

Party_refined What's a Dremel?

THE GIG RULED :D:D

Hey all thnx fer the replies :) - i got to brixton and saw that guy with the megaphone (looked like it was broken though - he was trying to get it to work pretty frantically - my guess is someone finally turned around and went 'oh for - SHUT UP!' and did the honours.) System of a down were ammmmaaazzzzing - we got there and the standing area was full so they made us go upstairs to the seat. 5 minutes and wewere like **** this so we went down and managed to bribe the guy to let us in :D - soso worth that £40 haha. Opening band were pretty kewl, but after them was technical difficulties and an hour of nothing just waiting in the sweaty heat. BUT when soad came on i did manage to mosh my way to the front :D:D:D!

We got out of the academy and realised it was ten to midnight [cause of the hour delay] - last train home was at 5 past midnight :| we tubed like crazy to victoria but JUST missed it. I had never been stuck in london before lol.
    Luckily - we caught the last tube to my uncles house across town and managed to stay there :)

What an awesome night :) SOAD live Highly recommended.

5. orb

orb satisfying.

Sounds like you had fun :)

6. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

:D Yey! lol

did you convice your dad? :dremel:
    did he forget? :idea:
    did he let you go anyway? :p
    or did you just lie? :eek:

7. Party_refined

I went anyway lol. wow he hated me. But hes talking to me again now so its all good :rock:

8. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

:eek: crap the lie one was ment to be did you go anyway... well he can't moan at you because nothing happened, you had fun :rock: and he can't ingore you or be angry with you because, errm hes your father, and he's suppose to love you :p

9. Party_refined

anger i can live with - its when they pull the dissappointed and worried thing on you :(

thats never good. now if i stop being excited about the concert fer even a second the guilt takes over :( ..... WOO SOAD :D

10. MaplinMan

MaplinMan What's a Dremel?

if youre the type of guy that gets hustled walking in your local shopping centre dont go to brixton

if youre the type of guy that can compose yourself you got nothing to worry about

11. Party_refined

Dude ive been already :S - or was that a general tip to everyone....

12. MaplinMan

lol my mistake, my mate said hes going to see soad too but tomorrow...

but anyway, im assuming you didnt get mugged :D well done

my point was supposed to be that if you dont looked like a walking cashpoint then you wont get mugged anywhere you go.

i dont mean how much money or things you are carrying, cos you might get jacked and not even have anything to steal. but you want to be the guy that when people look at you they think i dont want to try and rob him.

13. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

don't you just hate it, when parents ar'nt angry and just pull the im very dissapointed stunt and try to ingore you? :hehe:

although sometimes it's funny when it doesn't work

14. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

lol
    i live about half a mile up the road from the academy on brixton hill
    as long as you can ignore the people trying to sell you weed (unless you dont want too :eyebrow: :p) and keep your expensive **** in your pockets (phone, mp3 player etc) theres no problem

15. joe the dishwasher

joe the dishwasher Honk

Well you saw for yourself brixton is not that bad it all just depends how you approach it-if you walk around talking on your brandnew phone or playing with your £400 ipodphoto of course you will get mugged just like in most parts of london if you use your brain you are just fine.
    It was indeed a great concert,their new album is good but i do prefer their older stuff though,the mosh pit was absolutely crazy especially during "bounce" and i managed to escape without any large injuries,it was so packed right at the front you could hardly breathe at times and the only way out was to crowd surf!
    The religious guy with the microphone is sooooo funny ive seen him practically at every gig ive been been to he must carefully plan what nights he comes ect.
    Apparently i should listen to the words of jesus and not to those of satanic heathens,lol.

16. MaplinMan

that guy is so cool ive seen him before