1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Is half life 2 out yet?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stew, 8 May 2004.

1. Stew

Stew Disgruntled Postal Worker

Been out of it for a while so just wondering -did it ever get released? :confused:

2. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Not yet :grr:

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

September at the earliest, Q105 would probably be more likely from recent comments made by valve.

4. Kermet

Kermet [custom title]

Yeah, a few months yet. Did anybody else see the big preview they did in PCZone?

5. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Yes I saw it. Did you notice the jaggies on all the screen shots, the least they could have done was run it on a decent system with some decent settings.

6. Xeno

Xeno What's a Dremel?

It aint out yet, and nobody really knows when it's comming. Read this article for more information. :grr: Damn, why did those hackers stole the source codes. :sigh:

~Xeno~

7. ChegsJAR

ChegsJAR What's a Dremel?

I don't get how come the hackers getting the code out made them take another year to release the game.

or are they changing it?

8. SMOVE

SMOVE What's a Dremel?

No, it's not released, not yet on this world :D

Valve says it will be out in summer, but which sumemr do they mean? 2004 or 2005 perhaps 2010?

But, don't worry, till it will be released, some hackers would get many alphas from valves "high security" servers, lol :hehe: :hehe:

They said, they have to reprogramm some parts, to secure the game, so that cheaters and hackers have no chance...

But if you ask me, they just released this "beta" (well, it's more an aplha, then a beta) on their own...
    Think about it, the code was saved on a computer which was connected to the www???? Nobody could be so silly... :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Last edited: 9 May 2004
  9. Xeno

Xeno What's a Dremel?

Hey dude, where did you get that info? Parts of it isn't true. I know someone in person who works at valve. here are some comments to your post:

- They ment the summer of 2004.
    - Aphas are already stolen by an insider at valve.
    - The never said cheaters and hackers have no change. The said it will be more difficult to crack the source codes after changing some stuff.
    - It's not more an alpha then a béta, the alpha wasn't playable. After the alpha they had to change many things.
    - The code wasn't saved on a pc connected to the www. Well..indirect! It was on a LAN and some pcs on that LAN were connected.
    - And yes, somebody is silly here!!!! :hehe:

Cheers and wait for HL2, it's going to kick ass :rock:

~Xeno~

10. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Just to clear al this up....u can find all the correct info on the steam forums.

-HL2 is set for the end of this year (sept earliest)
    -It was said they will do anything to make it the best fs ever, even if that ment putting the release back to 2005...this was hypothetical the release date is still this year.
    -Extremely lacking and bad Alphas are readily avalible on the net, u play one and well ur just wrecking the game experience when it comes out finished arnt u.
    -The source codes WERE stolen by a hack, thought to be on the part of deviance (thats a popular group of warez coders for those that dont know) but the finger has even been pointed at the likes of Razor1911....IT WAS hacked and taken from the NW.
    -The comp was online....all business networks r online! so thats hardly a fault!
    -And the plug was pulled as soon as the excess activity was noticed.

-main point: DELAY NOT DUE TO THE STOLEN SOURCE....ITS DUE TO MUCH SOUGHT AFTER PERFECTION....THEY HAVE TO TOP HL ;)

11. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

I think that they made up the sorce-code argument as an excuse to put off the game for another year. NO FLAME PLEASE thats just my opinion.

12. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

I completely agree...

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=42468

My thread back in October, 03.

13. SMOVE

SMOVE What's a Dremel?

Got it from some magazines and forums :eyebrow:

14. ChegsJAR

I think it either has to be extremely good if it comes out in 2005 or they need to get a move on and get it out this year.

HL2 was meant to be the first game where the charaters fell over like they would in real life. As the game didn't come out they lost this to Max Payne 2 I'm just thinking by the time its out it might not seem to impressive.

15. RTT

RTT #parp

Agreed - total scam IMO! :)

16. vgatchaman

vgatchaman What's a Dremel?

There's an article in Computer Gaming World...may issue...this guy Chris Toshok had his house raided by the FBI because his roomates are suspected of stealing the source code for HL2.

He tells about his experience being woken up at 6:30am only to be roughed up and have his entire computer taken away...even his xbox :hehe:

17. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

They announced at E3 that they're going to use the source engine to update and re-release the original Half-Life, Counter-Strike and Team Fortress now as well.

18. ChegsJAR

is there going to be a HL2 counter strike mod?

19. KONIJN

KONIJN What's a Dremel?

sure there will be if they dont make one they walk by a big heap of money

oh and the official half-life 2 site is online :rock: www.half-life2.com :rock:

20. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

http://arstechnica.com/news/posts/1084127255.html

According to Gabe it just wasn't done. Too bad that makes no sense. They were touting the Sept. 30th date up until the week before. Then they said they had to sadly delay it until October or so. Then the source code gets "leaked" and all of a sudden it has absolutely no release date.

ValvE wanted people to believe it was the source leak. Of course from what I read that was a fairly recent build and it was no where near close to being finished. They just weren't done and they created a crap load of marketing hype to get a partnership with ATi. Thats how I see it.

Tags: