1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Hydro Series H100i cooler compatible with the new upcoming Intel Core i7 8700 Coffee Lake

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by kuroidoragon, 16 Oct 2017.

1. kuroidoragon

kuroidoragon Minimodder

Hello I am a owner of a Hydro Series H100i cooler & I would like to know is this cooler compatible with the new upcoming Intel Core i7 8700 Coffee Lake proc

according to the website for the cooler it does say socket LGA 1151 compatible & the processor says 1151 but it doesnt say LGA

are the two fully compatible do you know have you tested it or been in a position to yet even though the processor is not quite out yet ?

also is LGA 1151 the same as 1151 or are they two different things ?

I have had someone on live chat for another forum say that it should/will work
    yes it will work. the mounting hardware is identical the pin layout is identical the only thing about cofee lake is some of the reserved pins now have a function

just wanted to also know your opinions

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Yes it will work.

3. kuroidoragon

kuroidoragon Minimodder

ok cool thank you do you think it will be sufficient enough to keep it cool ?

also what is a suitable heat paste/spreader good enough for coffeelake ?

Last edited: 16 Oct 2017
  4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Yes it will do the job nicely. Most thermal pastes perform much the same. Arctic MX-4 or Arctic silver 5 are probably the most commonly used.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Yes it'll fit, yes it'll keep it cool and provided you don't cake it on, pretty much any thermal goo will do.

6. kuroidoragon

kuroidoragon Minimodder

ok cheers for the replies I got some suggested thermal paste planned arctic mx 4 thermal paste

but yeah between here & some other forums everyone has so far said it should work so I am happy