1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Is it healthy to get emotionally involved in games?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by acron^, 17 Oct 2002.

1. Fishie

Fishie What's a Dremel?

Too right. :D ('bout the drooliest characters, I mean.)
    You guys are quite spoiled for choice (in terms of recent FF titles), while we poor women get stuck with the mental-and-emotionally damaged (Cloud), pouty and stand-offish (Squall), errr... plain weird (monkey-boy Zidane), and guys with bad dress sense (Tidus--haven't played FFX so that's the worst I can say about him). Actually, those labels could apply to multiple male characters in the list. Can't say that I'm surprised, though... most games aren't made with a female audience in mind. :sigh:

But, erm, to try and get back on-topic, it's been a while since I've gotten emotionally involved in a game--probably not since Baldur's Gate II, when I got wrapped up in trying to prevent my character's romantic interest from having a complete mental breakdown.

2. relix

relix Minimodder

are you saying females do have feelings??? :eyebrow: :eeek:

3. Fishie

Fishie What's a Dremel?

Why, yes! :idea: I know, it's a rather controversial proposition... but trust me, I'm an anthropologist. I read books about this sort of thing. :hehe:

4. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

I have been moved in games but never in tears. One time at my mates ALan's house we watched our mate Ando complete the PS2 ff game and saw his eyes become red and tears forming. It was pretty darn funny.

5. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

the rojornak scene in ff8 got me, so romantic!!! and when aries died i was more like "WHAT THE ****!?!?!?!?!?!" and too astonised to be upset. but boy did i make sure i totally whoop sephrioth's monkey loving ass!!!!

i think grandia is a good one as well, if any of you ever played that on the DC. was very happy at the end!

6. TrioMaxwell

TrioMaxwell What's a Dremel?

I'm sorry to all you guys that think I'm coldhearted, but I lauged when Aeris died... but then again, I had been warned before hand, and I laugh when I'm trying not to cry...

7. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

When Aeris died, I broke out in horrible tearing sobs.

In fact, the next time I saw sephiroth ons creen, I punched my TV.

8. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

is your fist ok? is the TV ok?

Im was the same way, I knew it was coming, but I didnt think it would affect me as much as it did. I wonder if Cloud and her ever got together...

:waah: :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah:

Althopugh I did whoop Seproths Arse quite good... I might do it again just tto spite him.

I really wish I had taped it, His limit breaks(if you kill him without mime and knights of the round) are awesome FMV's, he had comet, and something else I cant remember what, absolutley amazing.

9. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Yeah they were both fine.

My TV is really dead now though....... But not cuz of punching.....

If you really pay a lot of attention to Aeris and have her in your party a lot and say nice things to her then when your in the Golden Saucer and Cloud and one of the girls will go out on a date, and depending on what you did in the game up to that point it will be either Tifa, Aeris, or Yuffie, so if you be really nice to Aeris, then she'll come see Cloud.

So yeah it's possible that they'll get together.......

Yeah shush I've played that game to damn much.

10. relix

relix Minimodder

bah I hate Yuffie, and Caith Sit, it's really nerveous when you play the game again you know what they will do, and you don't want them to go with you, but they have to...argggh :wallbash:

and you can even get Barret on a date I've read in some walk-through :naughty:

My favorite characters for fighting in FF7 are Cloud, Red XIII and Vincent...man I love Vincent, he's so cool and gothic :D

11. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

yuffie and vincent are optional charectors, you dont have to find them!!!

but cait-sith su><ors

12. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Cait Sith ain't too bad... Yuffie I like.. Aside from taking you materia.. That's annoying... But she's cute so that makes up for it.. :worried: I''m not some freak.. Honest...

Also Vincent 0wnx0rz the entire game.

I have also heard you can get Barret on a date......

For seom reason my text is jumping around on me.... Bah.. Whatever.

My favorite fighters are all of them actually. Except Cait Sith.. He's pretty useless.....

*goes back to lookign at his FF7 pr0n* :worried:

:lol::lol:

13. relix

relix Minimodder

mmm...are you sure Yuffie is optional?

14. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Yeah she is. Just don't fight her in the forest of the ancients, if you do, beat her and when your talking, the rule to get her is to not allow her to leave your view, so when it comes up to ask what her name is, do it, when the screen switches to select her name, she'll run off, and steal some gil. There, no Yuffie.

But why wouldn't you want her? She comical relief and cute :p

15. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

i used to think game girls were cute, but then i got a girlfriend and regular sex, now i dont ;)

16. Zidane

Zidane What's a Dremel?

:eyebrow:

17. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Holy ****ing thread revival.

I do to sometimes get emotionally involved in some games.

18. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

AvP.....LORD TAKE THE NIGHTMARES FROM MY BRAIN!!!!!
    :waah: i havent slept in weeks and im sure there are noises coming from below me bed :worried:

19. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

:lol: But you have to admit that game gilrs are less hassle ;)

I have been emotionaly involved in a few games before, but not to the point of tears...yet :worried:

We are all very sad geeks, but it rules!

20. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

kari wuhrer (a.k.a agent tanya) she was in sliders and eight legged freaks too

i made a wallpaper many moons ago of her, its here if you want it.

favourite game characters would probably be jen from primal and zoe from ssx
    no real emotional links tho...
    my emotions have been destroyed through mindless violence in computer games :duh:

Tags: