1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Is it me or are there more idiots on the road?

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 18 Feb 2011.

1. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Thy are limited because the EU deems it to be "safer". I guess they never took drivers into that account.

The really sad part is that the punishment for making them go slightly faster is simply insane. And the police are sometimes actively looking for tuned mopeds. (Here in Norway they can fine you for driving without license, driving an illegal vehicle, and having a vehicle with a illegally tuned engine.)

So I can drive a car legally at 100KM/H, but as soon as i loose two wheels I'm not allowed to drive over 45KM/H. I can also drive any huuuge tractor that is road legal and snow scooter, which I have no idea how to operate...

2. Sparky__H

Sparky__H What's a Dremel?

Just had a simpleton turn and walk right across the road without looking. You know the type that keep looking straight forward, because if they can't see you, your just not there.

Next time I hope it's a much larger, heavier vehicle with a poorer stopping distance, that's not there...

3. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

YES.

I sympathize with 'ped boys doing 30 in a 60 zone - it's as fast as they can go.

I sympathize significantly less with people driving 1.6L cars and doing the same because they don't want to scratch the paint, or they can't see over the wheel, or they're scared of driving. Protip: if you're scared of driving, don't drive. You are a liability.

4. Pieface

Pieface Modder

People don't realise this though. They don't see cars as weapons, which they easily can be.

5. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

A couple of morons on the road tonight I saw.

First some idiot though it was neccessary to tailgate me entering a town because I slowed down to the speed limit when the sign told me to. I couldnt even see his headlights in my rear view mirror. Then he starts swerving his car around behind me cuz hes all pissed off. Finally he just passes me on the shoulder like a retard.

Then later another idiot was tailgating me while leaving a town because I only sped up to the posted speed once I reached the sign. He passed me and then didn't even go that fast. We caught up to another vehicle and he tailgated them until he could pass and then I pass them too. Then he sped up even more and passed another car BARELY making it as there was a car coming towards us.

That second vehicle he passed I finally caught up to and it was going under speed limit and weaving all over the road so I couldn't see past it to be able to tell if I could pass. They were at times driving on or over the center line. Speeding up and slowing down.

What a crazy night.... lol

6. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

On the motorway last night, 3 separate occasions of drivers changing lanes to the fast lane at slow speeds, far too late and causing the drivers behind to break hard, then not accelerating in order to maintain the flow of speed.

Inconsiderate and potentially dangerous. One of the examination sections should be motorway driving.

Yet again, plenty of middle lane drivers too wrapped up in themselves to move over.

7. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

Yesterday - lady just drove out at a junction without looking onto a 40mph road, luckily I breaked in time and managed not to plough into the side of her.

This morning - someone reversing out their driveway, clearly not using mirrors or any of her other 5 senses, narrowly avoided.

Also, some punk driving down basically the middle of a country road with his rediculous shades on, had to swerve out the way because obviously he's such a good driver he needs 1 1/2 lanes for his shitwagon.

I wish I had superpowers sometimes, like superawesome power to remove people's driving lisences at will. Captain AutomotiveJustice.

8. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Had a nice one today:

I was driving up a hill with 3 lanes in each direction. On the top of the hill the two left lanes go straight ahead while the right lane is an exit. I was going straight ahead so I was merrily driving behind a lorry in the middle lane. Suddenly this moron in a new beetle was coming from the leftmost lane, cutting in barely missing my front and continued over a white line and down the exit. I have absolutely no idea why he didn't just change lane behind me, as there was a pretty big gap behind me.

9. Repo

Repo What's a Dremel?

The problem is, some people are just dumb, arrogant or inconsiderate... or all three (and possibly more). You can make the driving test as tough as possible or introduce as much legislation as you want but that won't stop some idiot driving a stolen 15 year old Corsa filled with chavs down a 30mph winding road at 70mph (spliff and/or can of white lightening optional).

How I laugh when the car hits a tree and they all die. Darwinism in this modern world should be much more prevailent IMHO.

And then for some reason the moms all go on TV and say what a nice boy their son was and he was never any trouble?!? Must be as blind to the real world as they are thick.

/end rant :p

10. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Does White Lightening come in cans? I've only ever seen it in bottles.

11. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I've never seen it :( Wasn't it removed from shelves?

12. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

I've seen it in cans before. It's not a pretty sight.:grr:

13. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I used to like White Lightening lol, nasty stuff.

14. boiled_elephant

You're about two posts away from being Godwin's Law'd into the ground, and you'll deserve it for saying a thing like that. Everyone's an idiot sometimes; nobody deserves to die for being stupid.

15. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

The sad part is that the idiots often survive, while the innocent person in the car the idiots hit often die.

(I'm not saying that anyone deserve to die in a car crash. Far from it. But it's always worse to see innocent victims than people that die from their own actions)

16. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

+1 to that.

We all mistakes and bad decisions every once in awhile and anyone who witnesses them is likely to think we're the idiots in that situation. I can certainly admit to doing a few things that likely had other drivers proper pissed! But wishing death on people is always uncalled for.

17. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Just watched the football in town tonight with my bro coming out, one youngster runs a red light, the other 2 on moped's wait, get up to the next set of lights idiots all race off round the odd roundabout.

One of them nearly hits the front of my car, meanwhile a police car comes up behind, thought here we go pull over the idiots give them a right telling off etc.
    Next set of lights lead numpty runs the light other 2 mopeds stop for the light, police car right behind them. Both pull away all over the place one of them is pushing his bike along with his feat being right idiots and a danger on the road. They head off down the a4, the police car heads back to the station doesnt even bother.

Makes you wonder at times why the police even bother to come out of the station.

18. boiled_elephant

I hear you. One of the things that I like about my motorbike is the slightly clearer conscience: I know that if I crash, I'm far more likely to kill myself, and far less likely to kill anyone else, than if I were in a car. Makes me feel slightly better about the fact that what I'm doing is potentially lethal.

19. llamafur

llamafur WaterCooled fool

Yep, on my way home from school today I saw three different people turn from center lanes. Seems like they want to wreck their cars.