1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Is it possible to be more stupid? Well is it?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 7 Dec 2012.

1. frizzeh

frizzeh What's a Dremel?

I forgot to unplug a power supply whilst replacing a fan in it, it all went fine until I touched the pcb board inside the power supply just above the plug, my thoughts were as follows:

ARRRRGH - that hurt - I'm so stupid :duh:

Another stupid thing though not really my fault is I was cutting wood just before Christmas on my grandparents farm and I slipped on the ice whilst trying to pull the axe out of the log and landed with my full weight with my knee on the corner of the axe blade, cue a lot of blood and panicking and a funky looking scar, i'm still wondering what the staff in A and E thought when a 14 year old girl limped in with an axe wound XD

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I regularly use the toaster to heat my bath water when t'boiler is on t'blink. Someone told me that was stupid once, especially whilst you're in the bath.

Teelzebub likes this.
  3. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

When I was a teenager I was at my grandads house and I noticed that a light didn't work..so I decided to try out the other bulbs nearby. These were old fashioned things..a bit like a strip light but smaller. So when they didn't work I grabbed the metal clips each end to make sure they were making contact with the bulb..forgetting that I didn't actually know whether the light switch was on or not. Well it was on, and I got a big jolt of power straight down my arms and into my chest.

What an idiot.

4. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Making hot chilli salsa immediately before needing to put contact lenses in.

Finger touch chilli. Finger touch lens. Lens touch eye. Eye spontaneously combusts.

5. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Back in the day: Taking apart an old-school disposable camera to develop the film.

1. Put camera on ground.
    2. Heel kick the 35mm film canister door off
    3. Take out 35mm film
    4. Use screw driver to remove AA battery that still had loads of life.
    5. Use screw driver to remove second 'battery'
    6. Straighten bent legs at full speed. Jump up 1m and back 3m. Land on back on the other side of the room.
    7. Realise the 2nd battery was a fully charged flash capacitor.
    8. Consider oneself lucky to have a mild electrical burn

6. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

When I was much younger, I didn't play with matches instead I made a small explosive and modified a 12v car battery charger to remotely ignite it. I used a coke bottle as the shell and ignited it in my tiny back yard.

My neighbours shed was never the same again.

7. yellowbomb

yellowbomb Minimodder

My uncle gave me a knife that he had redone. Much later, being young and thinking I knew what I was doing, I tested the blade to see how sharp it was. It was sharp enough to cut a mosquito in half that was flying. My finger print will never be the same...

8. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

That reminds me!!

You know when you unravel a tape measure all the way then let it whip back??

i done that with a really stupid finger placement when i was about 13 and it sliced my finger open so bad...

I literally can't do pull a tape measure out and do the same thing without cringing (not like i do it everytime...)

9. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Athe age of 4 or so I spotted a thermometer resting on the top of a wood-fired stove. After asking something along the lines of "daddy, what's that?" I decided to grab it. Been pretty shy of hot things ever since.

Had a similar accident a few months ago. A friend's family invited me to have dinner with them as they were having pho and made plenty. Wanting to heat things up I tossed a few diced peppers into my bowl. A few minutes into the meal nature called and guess who didn't think to wash his hands before handling Sloth Jr.? Soon after I sat back down a rather sharp burning sensation had formed and the worst part: trying to pokerface the situation for fear of embarrassingly having to explain in such company what had happened.

10. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I have a similar incident but it involved trying to remove a flower cooler, which is hard when they have the stiffest fittings in the world. FYI slipping screwdrivers dont mix well with motherboards.

My stupidest has to the when I was about 7 or 8 years old. My grandmother always used to send my birthday present wrapped old school, brown paper and string. Mother was in the back garden talking with the neighbour and told me to wait a few minutes so she could come and get me the scissors. Naturally I couldn't wait and grabbed a paring knife. Knife under string + upwards force = string cuts suddenly + an inevitable and extremely painful result.

If I press the end of my nose I still can feel a little vertical divot.

11. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

When repairing an amateur radio Valve transceiver (YAESU FT101 ZD MK3) I accidently touched the HT and got 20 amps @ 900v shock it threw me across the room with such force it nearly broke my back and sent me into an epileptic fit as you can imagine Im a lot more careful these days:duh: I have also had static shocks from static buildup on my antenna from time to time these can sometimes be so high as to throw you across the garden with a big flash not pleasant at all

Last edited: 8 Dec 2012
    Shirty likes this.
  12. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

I tried to see if a match was lit when I had my eyes closed by touching the end of the match... It was lit :(

Oh, and also, putting my hand at full speed through a thick, glass lamp shade whilst serving in Wii Tennis :)

13. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

A very similar thing happened to me when I was about 16! I was flying model rockets at the time and whilst assembling a firework style rocket engine, a spark from a tiny test portion that I was lighting jumped across the bench and into my bowl of complete mixture, ignitning it and filling the garage with thick white smoke! Thankfully there was no major damage, the only noticeable thing after the smoke cleared were some scorch marks on the bench where parts of the mixture had jumped out of the bowl :geek:

14. B_HERB

B_HERB What is this..A CENTER FOR ANTS?!

This past summer I was at a house party. A bunch of us were sitting out on the back porch and I volunteered to go get drinks. On the way back out I ran face first into a screen door (HARD), dropped all the drinks I was carrying, and spilled beer and liquor all over my myself. Needless to say, I provided my friends with a good bit of rib-cracking laughs. I also had to fork over some cash so my buddy could fix the screen I just broke:miffed:

15. Booti

Booti Minimodder

My mates and me have proceeded down a similar route at school to use the instant camera flash as a stun gun.
    After we tested it on a workbench vice and saw the size of the pock mark it took out of the metal from the arc, we chose not to test it on a human.

16. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

A few years ago I started messing around with electronics, more specifically the DC voltage regulator chips. After a few failed attempts at getting any sort of usable voltage out the other end, I decided to try and see the current instead (I know...), so I just turned my multimeter on to its current reading mode. The numbers went up very high, so I was very pleased, up until the point at which I touched the chip to remove it from the board...

Another time I decided it would be a great idea to wire a light switch to both live and neutral, with no load - I could then have a Doomsday switch. I managed to accidentally press it 5 minutes later.

We always have some sort of candles at the dinner table while we eat, and this one time we had a large pillar candle. It was approaching the end of its life though, so I decided to bolster the flame with many matches in the wax. It bolstered the flame alright. After a few minutes of watching it burn normally I went upstairs, but was called back down again when the fire alarm went off, with a 50cm flame to greet me. Thankfully it hadn't spread to anything, but it continued to burn (with no wax) for another 2 hours outside.

17. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

18. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

This didn't happen to me, but it is so stupid I thought I'd share it.

I was walking along with some friends and noticed a guy cutting his grass with a lawn-mower. It got a jam...so he put his hand into it with it still running. Noticing this stupidity we stopped to see what happened next. Well...there was a bzzzt noise as the blade sliced open his palm and then blood just started welling up, and then gushing out of his hand.

He was damn lucky it didn't take his fingers off. And no, we didn't help him as his neighbour was also in his front garden and the guy rushed over to him for help.

19. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Well, I haven't answered an iron yet....

So there's that.

Not my fault, but one thing that affected me? Poor quality glass on my tablet.

20. enterobsidian

enterobsidian Hopless World Wonderer

I did wonder if your user name was what I thought it was. The 101 was always a bit on the heavy side for me (he says staring at an AR88).

The most idiotic think I can think of was buying the above AR88 radio. Then lifting it. It must weigh roughly what I do, and has to be awkwardly shifted to avoid scratching things. I must have lost about an inch off my height lifting that thing. I'm daft enough to think about moving it again to boot.

Cheers
    Enterobsidian