1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Is Radio tuning on ATI AIW 9800 possible?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by arsenala13, 27 Aug 2003.

1. arsenala13

arsenala13 What's a Dremel?

probably the wrong place to post this but oh well.

I was fiddling with my ATI All In Wander Radeon 9800 and I remembred when I had an old WinTV USB device. What I liked most about that old thing was that it could tune into radion stations as well as tv stations.

So that's where I am now. Is there any way to get the tuner on the 9800 to tune into radio stations? I'm addicted to ate nite talk radio and don't want to camp out in my car (or use the internet)

yet another silly question from Arsenal :sigh:

2. Paradox

Paradox Banned

i don't *think* it's possible, i tried something like that with my radeon 9700 pro all in wonder and it didn't work, so i would highly doubt if ATI would have made it work now. however, it's probably worth a shot, maybe someone with a little more knowledge on the subjeect could help you out:)

3. Shwang

Shwang What's a Dremel?

If they make a new revision to the AIW 9800 that will probably be on it.

If you want that now (read in the next couple of months) go for the AIW 9600 (Hopefully not a paper release). That is slated to have onboard FM tuning, no AM though, so lots of talk stations will be missing, but the market for AIW (16-40ish) probably doesn't listen to that much AM radio.

4. Paradox

Paradox Banned

Or you could just go to Radio shack and plop down 20 bucks for a regular old radio and stick it in your room, skipping all this tuning stuff :rock:

5. arsenala13

arsenala13 What's a Dremel?

yeah I could do that, but I wanted to listen to it on my computer and be all savy like :lol:

6. Paradox

Paradox Banned

I get your point...doing it on a computer screen is much 1337er:D

7. Carbon

Carbon Banned

you could always get one of These I know thats a uk link but im sure you can get em in the states ;)

Tags: