1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Is there any way to bend a mobo and it still works ???

Discussion in 'Modding' started by dubdvd, 11 Jul 2006.

1. scifi3018

scifi3018 Minimodder

I imagine those chunks are form the landings on the concrete or pavment... I doubt that a dig bit it... i wouldnt let my dog at it... to dangerous...
    (that pic reminded me of office space... and the printer :lol: )

2. elctroJunky

elctroJunky What's a Dremel?

Ok... I tell you it was already dead...
    Well, actually I haven't been there, didn't do that, but I don't want you to faint.

Because, who ever did this to an alive and healthy motherboard could possibly take advantage of you being unconscious. Probably a modder this kind of crazy would try to implant a computer directly into your brain, that at least would be a mod of historical meaning... Well, a healthy mind knows you won't survive that, and as caretaking as I am, I don't want you to be their victim...

P.S.: Dear crazy modders, I wanna be next if you manage to keep a human with an implanted computer alive... ;)

3. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

Heh I loved the song during that part in office space

4. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

Feels good to be a gangsta

5. kbates666

kbates666 What's a Dremel?

The motherboard was dead but the cpu was not, but because it was intel and had givin me more trouble then any AMD I had, I destroyed it; Felt good to."Dam it feels good to be a gangsta"

6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Yikes, I'd hate to catch a mobo bare-handed, all those pointy solderings on the bottom. Oh the pain.

At the original question - no. And extending stuff is out too, since trace length needs to be extremely accurate. They do make risers, but they probably wouldn't do what you need.

7. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

>_> now ive seen gamers break keyboard from lag but using your mobo as a frisbee cause its an intel?.....

You are one gangsta mo-fo :rock:

8. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

*back on topic*

if you get some flux in paste form and smear it all over the mobo, and the heat the whole thing to about 2-300deg C and put a bend on it it could actually work. You can't bent it wey much, though. and you will need to keep the tention on the board. If the board cools down and you leg it go back to the original shape you'll have the same problem.

i'd imagine that the PCI and CPU socket could cause a problem, though.

You could ofcourse sand down the expansion cards, so they have a slikt bend on the connector edge. There should be enough contact material for it to still work.

all this is in theory, ofcourse. I'll leave it up to you if you dare to test it out ;)

(i'm not responsible for any damage, loss of life of the fact that the hand of god (or satan for that matter) will strike hard uopon you)

9. elctroJunky

elctroJunky What's a Dremel?

Well, give it up, it won't work!
    Neither the sockets and slots for CPU, PCI, RAM, nor the microchips that represent northbridge and southbridge (that chips are actually BGA) can be bend.
    And thats it...

10. merlin 65

merlin 65 What's a Dremel?

bending motherboards this ones funny

11. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I used a 4 ton truck and a sledge hammer to flat pack an old x386 machine, i managed to bend the case in half and the board bent with it. However bits fell off!

12. Snipes0990

Snipes0990 What's a Dremel?

actually i have seen bent motherboards before, 3 of my intel boards are bent, an asus P4T/P4B/P4S just under the stress of the stock cpu fan retention clips but its not significant enough for what your talking about , the P4T is not bent at all now because i put that crazy metal backplate on which straightens the board extremely well. Haha

Here is a pic of someone else's P4B LOL

[​IMG]

but if i read your post correctly couldnt you put the motherboard in the center of the tubular case at its widest point and place all the other components underneath\ontop of the board, after all isnt modding all about putting things where they don't belong, ROFL :D

13. sk8ter646

sk8ter646 Minimodder

a board will bend but very silghtly i have an arctic freezer pro 64 on my asus board and that makes i bend a but to much for my liking

14. gideon

gideon What's a Dremel?

give a motherboard manufacturer a LOT of money, and maybe you get one

15. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

My DFI board was so bent when it arrived that the middle touched the floor of the case when the sides were on stand offs. It got bent back into shape when mounted properly and i have never had a problem with it.

16. gbeeby

gbeeby What's a Dremel?

its possible if you bend it in the right place but you will have to bridge every connection , so basicly its not worth it

17. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

Playing Frisbee with your mobo is a no no because the stupid fberglass while impregnated your hand. Not to mention how heavy sharp and odd they are. If you really want to bend a mobo you would need to to be made out of rubber with hardwired components instead of SMD styling.