1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Is this Fixxable?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by CorsarioJoao, 1 Jan 2018.

1. CorsarioJoao

CorsarioJoao aka JuanPirate

Some socket 1150 pins are bent all the way back.Has anyone ever repaired something like that? a6REESN.jpg

2. alfizzle

alfizzle Well-Known Member

Few of them look like they are snapped so they wouldn’t be able to be fixed. The rest could be bent back. The board might work depending on what those pins do, they might just be grounds.

3. CorsarioJoao

I checked and some of them are indeed grounds.The guy that sells the motherboard tells me no pin is snapped off,i am gonna give it a closer look of course, but i was worried about the pins being bent all the way backwards making them to weak to bent back at the right place.

alfizzle likes this.
  4. alfizzle

alfizzle Well-Known Member

I have fixed worse so no harm in trying to bend them back. just be extremely careful, use a pin and only try to bend them once, no bending back and forth. Post back your results tho I’d be interested to see the outcome :)

5. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Ad above. Just be very careful when bending them back. I’ve also repaired worse in the past. No pins look to be missing... though I do wonder how they got bent like that in the first place. The chances are that he is trying to hide something more sinister.

6. CorsarioJoao

Well he is a reputable used parts seller so i can somewhat trust him.He said that a cpu was sitted wrong...with enough imagination i could see that,but i think its a standard gamble on parts that need some repair work

7. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

You know those technical lead pencils? With the 5cm strands of lead you put inside? One of them with no lead in the tip makes a pretty good tool for slotting over pins and gently bending them back.

adidan likes this.
  8. adidan

adidan Avatar is nearly back in season.

Good tip.

I've not tried bending pins besides on an AMD chip years and years ago (which was alot easier by the looks of things) and I think I used the same technique. Completely forgotton about that.

If you can get one with a see through casing all the better so you can see exactly what you're doing.

9. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

That’s exactly how I learned it too! Although this was a fair while ago now. Since the motherboard started having the pins I haven’t had any bent pins.