1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Is this OK for basic use?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kronos, 13 Mar 2016.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Thinking of getting rid of a few things and one thing I have that is really not getting used is a Evga GTX 660 and it is currently sat in/on MSI B75IA-E33 and Intel Pentium G840 is this okay for a run of the mill, non gaming mainly surfing PC if I pull the card?

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Are you asking if that PC would be fine for web surfing etc without that GPU? If so yes!

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Yep that is pretty much all I use it for, thanks.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

If I can do it with a quad core tablet then yeah it would be easy with a desktop CPU :)

I do recommend an SSD though. They seem to help a lot more when you're on a slower CPU.

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Already installed. But I wonder how this will fair under Windows 10 and try it out as I might upgrade this one soon rather than my much used gaming PC.

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Windows 10 isn't that bad. I've still held off of putting it on anything but my main gaming machine but yeah, it's not too bad (even though I am stuck on an older version because it messes up every time it tries to update).