1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Isohunt not working due to technical issue, back soon

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 2 Jul 2013.

1. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

So let me get this straight... You (I assume a Brit) are gripping about your goverments actions. You say those actions are based on pressure from companies based in the US to limit peoples theft of property and investment. Then you go as far as to say the goverment are a bunch of twats because of it?

That is quite possibly the stupidest arguement I've ever heard. "These companies are such assholes because they are pressuring goverments around the world to keep people from stealing from them. Who the eff does that?!?!"

2. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Let's take the case of software.... If I like a game I buy it. I won't buy it unless I try it. If no DEMO is available I download a PIRATE version. I play the pirated version and if I like it then I buy the game. I have a big collection of steam games I purchased. In all the cases where a game didn't have a demo available... I downloaded an "illegal" pirate version so I could try it first. Once in a while I buy into hype reviews and end up buying a game without trying it first. That was the case with bioshock infant. Most awful game I've played in years.

So are you gonna tell me I'm a criminal for downloading pirate versions of games?

Oh and I do the same with TV shows...

I downloaded pirate version of Battlestar remake... Loved it.... Watched enough of the pirate version to know I wanted to watch all of it. So I now OWN the BLURAY boxed set.

Am I a criminal? In the eyes of the american recording industry I am. Do I give a ****? No.

3. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Thats a pretty daft argument. If your in a shop and there isn't the ability to try the item, you don't just shoplift it, because that is illegal. Thats the chance you take being a consumer.

Also, its got nothing to do with the government. They want an open internet but because so many people use it for illegal activities they get pressured from everyone for it to change. If you were a game company that was struggling to get by, you'd be pretty annoyed if people were just downloading it for free.

If you want the government to change, start a petition or be an MP or whatever, just don't whinge on an internet forum because it is extremely unlikely anyone will listen, change or care. All they will see is you admitting to pirating, which isn't a great idea either.

4. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Since I can't rely on reviews to determine if I will like a game... If no demo is available then I will continue to download pirate versions. I believe in supporting developers for any game I like enough to play. My music sequencer (Mixcraft 6) had a demo available... I tried the demo then bought the software because I knew it worked for me. Reaper is music software with an even more flexible policy. You can use their DAW as long as you like but they ask if you like it then buy it. The pricing is very reasonable too.

I've spent hundreds on games, software and videos over the years so I'm not gonna lose any sleep over someone disliking my downloading of pirate games or TV to test before buying....

Likewise if you don't like my policy then call the white house and request a drone strike.

Tags: Add Tags