1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Issue from HDMI to VGA

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by t4n6o, 14 Jun 2013.

1. t4n6o

t4n6o You know when you've been tangoed

Got my system hooked upto my hdmi tv via my gtx 670, but have taken my pc to my parents so i can update all virus definitions e.t.c. and use their internet to do some coursework.

When I hooked my dads VGA monitor to my mobo all i keep getting is a no signal message on the monitor, Could this be due to the fact that i have made the switch from HDMI to VGA or should this pick up automatically or is there a way i can fix this?

Any help mucho appreciato.

Thanks

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Take your GPU out, it should work fine then. It's more than likely set to use PCI-E outputs and ignore onboard ones.

Or swap your Primary Graphics Adaptor in BIOS but that might be difficult if you can't connect to anything through your GPU.

Apophis54 likes this.
  3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Maybe worth trying to press Windows Key+P to switch the monitor used for display.

4. noizdaemon666

Win+P only applies when more than one monitor is plugged in. But if nothing else works it's worth a shot.

5. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

start machine to the f8 menu, and set to to vga mode, it default to basic settings where you should be able to change them to something that works on that monitor.

6. noizdaemon666

I'm guessing that won't work for the OP since he gets no signal to the monitor whatsoever.

7. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

I had this issue with my intel nuc, used a hdmi to VGA cable and no luck, used hdmi cable with a hdmi to dvi adaptor which then plugged I to a dvi to VGA adaptor. Still no luck. Tried 3 different hdmi to dvi cable and one of them worked then monitor would blink.

according to various forums hdmi to dvi is very hit and miss most peeps suggest using the fattest hdmi to vga cable you can find, In the end I got a 2nd hand KVM switch and use dvi instead

8. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

this link may hold the answer to the OP's problem.

could the OP post pictures of the back of his pc with the connections he is trying to use?

9. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I'm not sure he is trying to convert HDMI to VGA, from re-reading his post it seems like he has a GTX670 using HDMI to connect at home, but it seems he is trying to use the IGP when connecting to VGA, as he says "When I hooked my dads VGA monitor to my mobo" not sure why he would say mobo and not the 670 unless he was trying to use the IGP.

10. noizdaemon666

Presumably he hasn't got a DVI-VGA adaptor for his card with him. And yes, I read it as he had been using HDMI on his 670 at home and is now trying to use VGA on IGP elsewhere. Hence me saying swap it in BIOS (essentially). :)

11. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

S1155 motherboards default to graphics cards as primary outputs when installed (you can change the setting in the BIOS with the "Initiate Graphic Adapter" setting - default is PCIE, set to iGPU if you want IGP as the primary graphics card), and they disable the IGP if a graphics card is installed unless you enabled "iGPU Multi-Monitor" in the BIOS.
    In other words, it's about this :
    [​IMG]