1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other issues running Left 4 Dead 2

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Tec_, 18 Nov 2009.

1. Tec_

Tec_ New Member

ok guys im trying to figure out why the game is quitting out on me i can only make it about 2 min in to the game play before the game just quits. i am not getting any error messages as to why the game is quitting.

i preloaded it through steam so not sure if it is an install issue

i have a AMD athilon 64 X2 6000+ duel core running at 3.013 GHz (according to GPU-Z) with 4 GB of ram.

i have a EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS with the most current drivers from the EVGA website.

i am also running directX 10

and its all running on Windows Vista Ultimate edition 32 bit.

any ideas what i could try restarts haven't worked drivers updates aren't working. im just not sure what to do.

any ideas or what to look for to help would be amazing.

thanks

Last edited: 18 Nov 2009
  2. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

A friend of mine couldn't play the demo for more than a few minutes on his 8800 GTS. He ended up turning shadows off in the game's graphic settings.

3. Tec_

Tec_ New Member

i cranked every thing down to the lowest settings and it still boots me every time after a few min. when i go to

right click on game>Properties>Verify Integrity of Game Cache

it runs a scan and every time it comes back with 1 or 2 files that are missing or corrupt and reloads them from the steam server and the game will still not run

4. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

5. Tec_

Tec_ New Member

it appears that a patch came out for the client service issue, i installed it and im still having the same issue as before. ill be posting over at the steam forum. god i just want this to work........

and no every thing else runs fine. this is the only game im having a issue with

6. Akava

Akava Lurking...

It probably won't help but have you updated your graphics drivers recently? Also, have you tried simply deleting the game files and re-downloading it? Now would be a good time as in tomorrow is the UK release date, so the servers are going to be hammered (if they're not already).

EDIT: Re-read and noticed that you said you've tried the driver updates. Strange indeed, a friend of mine has a 8800GT and has no problems with the game at all.

7. MupPet on a string

MupPet on a string New Member

having same problem with the game crashing after playing for about 2 mins.
    think i could be a problem with the GFX crad EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
    i have done all the usual tricks turning settings down, updating drivers etc etc
    but still no joy :(

8. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Huh, I was round my friend's house last night and we were discussing this. Turns out it was shaders he was turning off, not shadows but he kept saying it wrong.

9. d4martin

d4martin d4martin

Your using 4 gb of Ram on a 32 bit operating system. 32 bit operating systems are unable to address all of this RAM plus the RAM of your graphics card. I'm not saying this is your problem, but I'm sure it's not helping. If you can use less Ram (max of 3Gb) and see how this runs.

M.