1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice It` good???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fares, 7 Dec 2008.

1. Fares

Fares What's a Dremel?

This Christmass I will buy a new computer .I have in my mind meny variants of pc-components but one has the first place.So this it is :Intel Core Duo E8500 3,16 GHz ,DDR3 kit 2 X 2GB PC5400 1333MHz from Corsair, a GA-EP45T-DS3R or GA-X48T-DQ6 motherboard ,an Asus GeForce GTX 280 1GB DDR3, 500 GB SATA II HDD,a DVD-RW GH22L930,a case with a ATX 450, and a good cooler.

What do you think ? Are whole these components compatible with each other?can i get the maximum from all?

I would realy like to know your opinion.:):):)

2. tank_rider

tank_rider What's a Dremel?

Is the powersupply coming with the case? if so then who is the case made by? Unless it's one of the large well known psu manufacturers then i'd definately buy a decent branded psu to replace it. Generic branded ones that usually come with cheap cases quote their maximum peak power output, not the maximum sustained output that the decent manufacturers quote. It's basically the power it can output for about half a second before blowing up rather than what it can handle running 24/7. Other than that, it looks like a decent setup to me.

3. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

i'd save some cash and get E8400, exact same processor just a lower multiplier.
    Why DDR3? Pick up crucial bassilix 2 x 2gb ddr2 800 (The Orange ones)
    Get a Gigabyte GA-P45-UD3R or one of its variants depending on your needs.
    What resolution is your monitor?
    Think GTX280 will need more juice, pick up a Antec Neopower 550W or if can stretch it get the Neopower 650w Blue or a Corsair
    Remember GTX280 need a 8pin(6+2pin) and 6pin pci-e power connectors

Guest-16 likes this.
  4. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

Antec PSUs aren't the best out there. I suggest a Corsair.

And what's a "good cooler"?

5. Denis_iii

A "good cooler" is a cooler that cools good.

6. Denis_iii

Antek Neopower 550W is good for 80+ at 650W which I think is a bargain and quality.
    You can't get a bad PSU if get a named brand ie Corsair, Antec, OCZ.

7. Fares

Fares What's a Dremel?

Well i think that DDR3 is a better investment for the future also it has a higher frequncy ,so it is more faster and it consume less power ,perfect for high-end motherboards.

My monitor has 1680X1050 screen resolution.Why did you ask?

Last edited: 8 Dec 2008
  8. Fares

Fares What's a Dremel?

I didn`t think at a special brand for a cooler at that moment . A GH-PDU22-SC from Gigabyte maybe is a good example for that wich means a "good cooler".