1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple iTouch Buying

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vegettoxp, 24 Apr 2011.

1. vegettoxp

vegettoxp What's a Dremel?

Hello there Everyone, I am not a Huge apple Fanboy, but I do enjoy using some of there products, because they do one hell of job. I wanted to ask this question before I pull the trigger on this. Currently I have the 3rd Gen Itouch and I had it for two + years and it starting to have some issues here and there. I was looking into get the 4th Gen, but I have also been reading about the 5th coming out soon, so here is the question:

Should I wait for the 5th Gen or Should I just go ahead and get the 4th Gen? Please share your thoughts. Thank You!

Josh :clap:

2. derpooch

derpooch What's a Dremel?

I've got a 3rd gen touch at the moment, I am just waiting until September (presumably, since that is when they are usually released) for a new one. :D

3. TheManicGibbon

TheManicGibbon I have no idea what's going on

+1, Apple usually releases their new tech during/just after the summer period

4. Sponge12349

Sponge12349 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ ︵ ┻━┻

If your current ipod is useable, I'd wait for the 5th gen touch. They should be releasing around August-October.

5. mpe91

mpe91 Wait... Wha...?

Their release schedule may be different this year though. Reports are suggesting that the iPhone 5 will be a September release (usually end of June) due to component shortages from Japan and Apple tend to give the iPhone a few months of being the sole device with their latest tech on it. So I wouldn't be surprised if the iPod Touch 5 was pushed back to end of 2011/2012.

Which to chose depends really. Can you wait at least 5 months, possibly longer and do you really need the upgrades? I imagine that the only thing the ipt5 will bring to the table is the dual core A5 chip, will the current A4 hardware suffice for your usage?. And probably an even thinner body (pretty soon it's going to double as a razor blade :p ).

6. TamasyFrazee

TamasyFrazee What's a Dremel?

I LOVE it, but i bought it for added music space, games, and the wifi. Depends though. I know starbucks has wifi, and mcdonalds, and etc. if you have a wifi at your house, i totally say GO FOR IT but if your house doesn't, it would probabaly be better to just get a plain ole ipod

7. trixla

trixla What's a Dremel?

i'd wait for the 5th gen if you can.