1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other It's christmas time again...

Discussion in 'General' started by Ryan Cooper, 21 Dec 2009.

1. Ryan Cooper

Ryan Cooper It's been a long time.

Happy Christmas everyone!

So hows about you tell us what you're doing to celebrate the best and last holiday of the year?

Oh, and Merry Christmas. :thumb:

2. Brooxy

Brooxy Like a boss (but not a boss)

Christmas Eve

Half day at work followed by last minute shopping and wrapping - then about half 8 go to the local pub for the traditional pre christmas drinks with a few mates - usually results in me getting home a little worse for wear at 3am

Christmas Day

Wake up / Fry up / Presents between me and the lady, then drive to her parents house to see her family. Then go to my parents in the evening (my parents only live up the road within walking distance so will be ditching the car there overnight

Boxing Day

Walk to my parents, and eat food, and give / receive presents, generally be sociable with the family

27th December

Pub with some mates - secret santa and planning for new years eve

New Years Eve

One of 3 venues, no real planning gone into any of them - hopefully that'll be sorted by then though...

New Years Day

Fry up / feel like death

Last edited: 21 Dec 2009
  3. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Should have been in work today but junked it off, should be in tomorrow but my partner isn't so I might junk that off aswell, wednesday was only gonna be a half day anyway so it's very likely that'll be junked off.

Crimbo eve will be a fairly relaxed affair this year, seen as i've actually finished all my shopping before it for the first time in about 4 years. A night at home wrapping pressies with a few pints I reckon.

Crimbo day we'll all get up fairly early and pass gifts around, i'll eat stupid amounts of chocolate and savoury snacks then we'll go down the local for a couple of drinks with good friends (but I wont drink all the passed up shots this time and end waking up at 9pm with a hangover to eat my dinner).

Boxing day is relatives day. Another crimbo dinner at 1 set of grandparents and over to the others for dessert later on.... the top button of the jeans will be unbuttoned and the 2nd from top straining at this point.

Sunday is recovery day. I wont be happy if I get any less than 17 hours sleep....

Monday we get the keys to our new house so we'll be spending that arguing over who gets what room and what colour the bathroom should be painted. I think i'm expected to go back to work on the monday aswell, but with the move I dont think i'll be going in at all that week.

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I ****ing hate christmas.

5. ChromeX

ChromeX Active Member

Christmas Eve:
    Heading into town with a few mates and GF (hopefully) for a few reserved christmas drinks, me and my best mate have done it for the last few years we're usually home by 12. Then its off to catch the last song of mass at the church round the corner, thats where mam and dad usually are (they're not religious in the slightest, but are up for a sing a long with people from the community)
    We all go back home, usually order a curry or some such and me my sisters, mam and dad just chill out on the couch, watch rubbish tv and generally soak in the excitement. I think thats mainly down to dad, xmas eve his is favourite day of the holidays, he had some bad christmas' growing up which I think kinda scarred him, he always promised he'd do the best for his kids and goes all out. Either way he acts like a kid, which is in stark contrast to the quiet, reserved man he normally is and everyone picks up on it :)

Christmas Day:
    Wake up hungover and a burning arse from the curry night before :p we all stumble into the living room, parents have been up since the crack of dawn sorting the food and presents out into piles. I'll be opening my bloodstock ticket and some smelly aftershave off my mam and dad, not sure what grans got me or what my sisters are getting me. I'll take 2 hours to open everything, 7 of us in teh house and we're all working we probably spend about £200 each so lots of stuff. Have dinner, which is the best dinner ever. Me and the eldest sister will fight over who gets the bigger portion of sprouts, even though either portion would easily be enough for everyone else combined. Sleep after the food to rest up. About 7 pm all hell breaks loose, family come round the Wii is powered up and its none stop drinking and eating till 6am boxing day!

Boxing day:
    Off to see gran and dads side of the family I see once a year. Its quiet a sight, all the children from my dads side are ALL blonde its ****ing creepy, like something out of children of the corn. Naturally we're all hungover from only going to bed 4 hours earlier. We'll drink some more and make small talk to people we barely know but should know alot better. But hey, thats family. Probably get home about 7/8 hopefully see my missus, she works alot over christmas because of her job.

New years eve:
    Pub with mates I think, then back to his house for more drinks

New years day:
    Ugh, it wont be pretty. But mam will have a roast on, its something to look forward to.

6. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Well-Known Member

My xmas is fairly mundane and normal really.

Xmas eve any last min wrapping is done and we sit down as a family and watch some tv while having a few drinks.

Xmas day: wake up about 10:00 and have a family breakfast, then we take the dog for a bit of a walk through the fields, then get back and start finishing the mammoth task that is cooking xmas lunch which is all eaten and polished off by the time of the queens speech (am in a military family so its watch before we open presents) then all the presents are opened with yet more booze and fun :). we have soe sort of evening food usually not much after a massive lunch.

Boxing day: go out and see all my mates in town for a few drinks and a social.

NYE: travel to Manchester to see all my mates and have a properly big NYE celebration before spending New years day nursing a hangover and mainly watching tv and tidying up after the NYE fun :) before coming home on teh 2nd

7. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

Sitting naked on the floor with the heating turned off repeating 'bah humbug' over and over.

8. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

We'll be continuing the Christmas tradition we started last year and making curry for Christmas Lunch :D None of us like turkey, my folks have Sunday dinners most weeks which are almost identical to Christmas lunch anyway so we now have something we all like. So much better. Last year was the first time I've enjoyed a Christmas meal my entire life. I cooked everything except one chicken curry that my Mum did and nearly everything was done the night before and left in the Aga. Stress-free Christmas day for the first time ever.

Do recommend :thumb:

Brooxy likes this.
  9. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

Christmas Eve: Playing carols in a brass band for the last time ever. Which is a relief.
    Christmas: Food, Food, Food, Food. Presents are secondary.

New Years Eve: Vodka, Vodka, Vodka, Vodka, Vodka.

And I'll be thinking 'Bah, Humbug' throughout all of this.

10. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

i'll be stuffing my face with food, drinking and in the meantime i'll try to build a pc, no idea about new years, probably meet up with my friends. yawn.

11. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Oddly enough (and for the love of god dont let my mum know) I much prefer the turkey curry we have with the leftovers to the actual christmas day roast.

12. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I was going to be going away this year in my motorhome, but seeing other road users struggle with the conditions and promises that the weather'll only get worse, I've cancelled. Bit of a bugger really.

13. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Leaving for the winter wonderland known as Canadia for Christmas to spend time with my dad's side of the family.

then other than that, painting, wiring, hanging cabinets, remodeling a room and packing up for a university transfer.

Not much for Christmas festivities, I'd much rather be working.

14. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Christmas Day I'm spending the first half of the day with my girlfriend, then we're going for the afternoon to have Christmas dinner at her Dad's house.

Boxing Day ??? Probably I'll defrost a chicken and do another roast. Day after that we're off to see my parents, as they're some distance away, and staying a few days.

New Year's Eve / Day is my anniversary and I have romantic plans, although they probably won't work out at this rate as I still haven't booked them...

15. Brooxy

Brooxy Like a boss (but not a boss)

Curry for Christmas dinner?

All I can say to this is ++rep - genius idea..