1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC Its noisy, cramoed and it getting kiNda warm!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ModMonkey, 28 Feb 2007.

1. ModMonkey

ModMonkey Size 11 Carbon footprint

Well i finally decided to move my htpc into a new nice looking case and its been a frigging nightmare!!

First of all is just a very quick review for for anyone considering the Silvertek LC17 case. You will probably have seen this as a fairly cheap good looking case with a stack load of space for HDD's and so on. And the pictures on various websites confirm just how wonderful it is.
    All i can say is if you are planning on utilising all 6 HDD slots, get something else. They all fit wonderfully, until you attach thise pesky little cables that the manufacturers forgot to hook up!!!!! Because of this i now have to look into getting a new cooler for my graphics card, and probably a a new PSU.

So that the bad side out of the way (by the way i still like this case, it was just a major annoyance when building) So now onto the questions.

1) Anyone have any advice on a quiet cooler for the ATI X850 XT? So far i'm looking at the Zalman VF900
    2) Does anyon know of a silent or very quiet, 500w psu. Preferably modular and if at all possible one that is slightly shallower that your standard atx PSU.

Cheers

2. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

I have the Zalmon vf700 and I have to run it at 5-7volts otherwise its too noisy for my ears. You could try http://www.silentpcreview.com/ for psu and graphic cooler reports.

Tags: