1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster ITS not realy a mod to a computer

Discussion in 'Modding' started by [->>Curly<<-], 29 Jun 2004.

1. Goblin Tinkerer

Goblin Tinkerer What's a Dremel?

Each to his own i try not to judge anyone. Unless there out back sticking there carrots in farm animals. Then i pass judgment.... with my boom stick.

2. [->>Curly<<-]

[->>Curly<<-] What's a Dremel?

Not enny more

WTF he cant discipline me remeber 16 next mounth he hasent disaplend me since i was about 10 ffs. All he would do is mone at me.

Well i know the legal drinking age 3 years of age it is. and as of how i got it my dad buyed it 4 me so no rules broke there :eyebrow:

well comon share with every1 i want to call u an ideut now !!!

3. ErrOnReq

ErrOnReq What's a Dremel?

I just thought your statement was very ignorant. I went to a high school where over half the people there did all sorts of drugs (you would be surprised, because it was a rich school too. Guess everyone had the money to do it). Not all drugs are the same, some aren't that bad, and some are really bad). Just like the people who do drugs are not all the same, some can handle it, but many can't. I have seen it ruin lives and I have seen lives unaffected.

I have noticed that if someone does drugs to make up for something that they are missing in life, it will most likely mess them up. While many losers do drugs and it can ruin their lives, there are people who are smart enough to handle it and not let it handle them.

But I am not advocating the use of drugs, just an understanding. Didn't want to start a debate though, you just struck a nerve.

Anyway, I guess let's not get too far on this subject so we don't start a war or something :p

4. Monster63385

Monster63385 What's a Dremel?

This has to be the biggest copout for people who use drugs. First off how smart can you be if you using mind altering chemicals. Now i know I will probably get flamed for this. I've known too many people who use pot and they all say its harmless and can quit anytime they want, but they don't quit, they've lost all thier ambition they only work to buy pot first then, if there is any money left, pay thier rent.

5. ErrOnReq

Because they are the poor folks who CAN'T handle it.

I said I have seen both sides. I have seen every possible scenario you can think of. Like I said, many people can get messed up because of it, but not everyone.

And it's not a copout because it is not my personal excuse.

6. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

If you're really set on the idea of a body mod, either do a scarification (properly, with clean and sterile equipment), or go to a tattoo artist.

I smoke pot, but only when I can afford it :)

7. ErrOnReq

In continuation with my previous post:

A lot of people turn to drugs to fill a void in their life. In that case, they probably have mental or emotional problems which can lead them to rely and depend on drugs. The drugs become a higher priority than other things in your life, and that is when they **** up. This is especially the case with pot because pot is not an addictive substance. If you have problems, you can become mentally addicted, but your body does not build up a chemical dependence on pot.

Many drugs like crack, cocaine, heroin, pcp etc will mess you up no matter what. But that isn't to say that you can throw every single drug or person into a single category and say they are "losers" and that all drugs are the downfall of the human race.

Of course, I am sure you think it is ok to drink though.

I'm not trying to make you think drugs are fine and ok. I'm not trying to persuade anyone to do them; they are still illegal. What bother's me is the sheer ignorance on the matter.

8. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

:lol:
    you mean "you're".

----

Curly, are you dyslexic? If you are then just say so, many people are and do much better for admitting it. If you're not, get yourself tested, and take the extra tuition - it can only help.

9. ErrOnReq

Hah! nice catch :p

10. [->>Curly<<-]

lol it started about a tatto now its flaming wars

11. Shrapnill

Shrapnill What's a Dremel?

ROFL!!! Go back to school.

12. Sunny-D

Sunny-D What's a Dremel?

ok, i have a few things to blast this guy about, so set back and watch.
    first off, everyone makes mistakes. you didnt have to f***in insult the guy. youre very narrow minded to degrade someone that way. secondly, getting drunk, its been explained over and over, in scotland its not illegal, so shove off. And some people who have perfectly fine home lives drink just to unwind. the guy was drunk, obviously he wasnt thinking straight, which is the full effect of alcohol, among other things. also, the whole father finding out, where the f*** do you live dude, cuz if this kid is allowed to drink i dont think his dad would put him on house arrest for screwing up on a self made tattoo. i do believe my mom would take me to the doctor, make sure it wasnt infected, tell me i coulda died, then laugh her a$$ off cuz now i have a permanent reminder of one stupid drunk night. And now to the spelling thing. most of the focus in spelling here is in elementary school and most of the teachers mark your spelling errors to help you in high school, but dont do spelling tests. its easier to learn by reading a book with the words than taking a spelling course, jeez. im in 10th grade, and havent had a spelling test since 6th grade. some definitions from the dictionary, but no full on spelling tests. (im 16 as a gauge for you uk readers) i mess up on spelling all the time on instant messenger, he was probably typing fast and messed up. And if not, youre still too friggin critical. And, unless youre the most pansy footed driver on the planet, you cant tell me youve never exceeded the speed limit while passing a speed sign, so shut it.

i am done now. i feel sorry for you dude, youre gonna remember that one drunk night all your life cuz of the tattoo. next tiem you get drunk stay away from the printer ink. (as if hed do it again after getting such s**t from all you prudes out there.) drink in moderation.
    Also, jtggg, you must live a very boring life, because doing the things that your common sense dictates as not so good turn out as your best memories.

13. ErrOnReq

Some good points there.

"doing the things that your common sense dictates as not so good turn out as your best memories"

I have to say I agree with that statement (in general, not this case :sigh: ).

14. Shrapnill

Shrapnill What's a Dremel?

Before I go off on this, keep in mind, I agree that insulting isn’t necessary for the original comments made by Curly. However- this kid dug himself in a hole in this thread. Does it warrant insults- no, but I would expect 'em.

See above...

FIRST off, saying this you’re basically stating that you agree with minors (<18) drinking. Did you think about that? Second, someone dig up the law that states the drinking age in Scotland. Because according to my knowledge (and I've been in Scotland) drinking age is 16. That doesn’t mean they ENFORCE it, but the law is the law and its there for a reason. He’s 15. He’s drinking. Personally, I find that wrong. Period. (but its nice to have legal backup)

Well, disregarding the fact that he WAS doing something illegal- now you’re talking about parenting skills. Sure, if he's allowed to drink that makes it okay to get loaded and stab himself with a needle soaked in printer ink? Uh... it may make it less of a surprise, but it doesn't make it okay IMO.

New law- the ability to spell is a prerequisite for consumption of alcohol. Vote anyone?

Point being- he only makes himself look less and less intelligent. Not a useful tool when trying to defend actions.

Reread. Look for repeat spelling errors. "Mounth"? "paniced"? "poisend"? "mension"? "enuth"? "enny"?

Honestly, I could give a **** that the kid cant spell, I just find the statement "i want to call u an ideut now !!!" rather comical. Think about it.

1) Curly obtains alcohol illegally.
    2) Curly consumes alcohol.
    3) Curly decides to do a DIY tattoo (I'm a med. tech and I wont even start in on sterilization...)
    4) Curly makes one pass and fails.
    5) Curly makes a second pass and fails.
    6) Curly makes a third pass and "paniced" at the mere sight of blood (yea, as you said- it wasn't the blood it was fear of infection and poisoning. So... you didn't know tattoos bleed when you get em? Defense failed.).
    7) Curly posts in a MODDING DISASTERS forum about his adventure.

Now.... I'm sorry but this chain of events only looks pathetic in my eyes. Sure, glad the kids not dead, glad he got away with it, glad he... kinda took a lesson from it. BUT, that doesn't detract from the ignorance. How did he think people would react???

And I got a laugh out of being called a "prude" by a 16 year old child. Thanks.

By the way:

Code:
    In Scotland, one may obtain, possess and consume alcohol unless they are:

1 A child (in Scotland) is a person under the age of 16 years (except where a 16 or 17 year old is under a supervision order, when they are also a child). 

2 The Children and Young Persons Act 1937 created an offence where an adult exposed a child to danger. 

3 The Children (Scotland) Act 1995 'replaced' that Act. 
    Section 1(1) states that: 

"Subject to section 3(1)(b) and (3) of this Act, a parent has in relation to his child the responsibility— 

(a) to safeguard and promote the child's health, development and welfare." 

Section 3(5) states that: 

"a person who has parental responsibilities or parental rights in relation to a child shall not abdicate those responsibilities or rights to anyone else but may arrange for some or all of them to be fulfilled or exercised on his behalf...." 

and Section 52 states that: 

"(1) The question of whether compulsory measures of supervision are necessary in respect of a child arises if at least one of the conditions mentioned in subsection (2) below is satisfied with respect to him. 

(2) The conditions referred to in subsection (1) above are that the child— 

(a) is beyond the control of any relevant person; 

(b) is falling into bad associations or is exposed to moral danger; 

(c) is likely— 

(i) to suffer unnecessarily; or 

(ii) be impaired seriously in his health or development, 

due to a lack of parental care; 

(d) is a child in respect of whom any of the offences mentioned in 

Schedule 1 to the [1975 c. 21.] Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1975 

(offences against children to which special provisions apply) has been committed; 

(e) is, or is likely to become, a member of the same household as a child in respect of whom any of the offences referred to in paragraph (d) above has been committed; 

(f) is, or is likely to become, a member of the same household as a person who has committed any of the offences referred in paragraph (d) above; 

(g) is, or is likely to become, a member of the same household as a person in respect of whom an offence under sections 2A to 2C of the [1976 c. 67.] Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act 1976 (incest and intercourse with a child by step-parent or person in position of trust) has been committed by a member of that household; 

(h) has failed to attend school regularly without reasonable excuse; 

(i) has committed an offence; 

(j) has misused alcohol or any drug, whether or not a controlled drug within the meaning of the [1971 c. 38.] Misuse of Drugs Act 1971; 

(k) has misused a volatile substance by deliberately inhaling its vapour, other than for medicinal purposes; 

(l) is being provided with accommodation by a local authority under section 25, or is the subject of a parental responsibilities order obtained under section 86, of this Act and, in either case, his behaviour is such that special measures are necessary for his adequate supervision in his interest or the interest of others." 

15. [->>Curly<<-]

u ovisly made some mistakes. Let me help u

Code:
    In Scotland, one may obtain, possess and consume alcohol unless they are:

1 A child (in Scotland) is a person under the age of 16 years (except where a 16 or 17 year old is under a supervision order, when they are also a child). 

2 The Children and Young Persons Act 1937 created an offence where an adult exposed a child to danger. 

3 The Children (Scotland) Act 1995 'replaced' that Act. 
    Section 1(1) states that: 

"Subject to section 3(1)(b) and (3) of this Act, a parent has in relation to his child the responsibility— 

(a) to safeguard and promote the child's health, development and welfare." 

Section 3(5) states that: 

"a person who has parental responsibilities or parental rights in relation to a child shall not abdicate those responsibilities or rights to anyone else but may arrange for some or all of them to be fulfilled or exercised on his behalf...." 

and Section 52 states that: 

"(1) The question of whether compulsory measures of supervision are necessary in respect of a child arises if at least one of the conditions mentioned in subsection (2) below is satisfied with respect to him. 

(2) The conditions referred to in subsection (1) above are that the child— 

(a) is beyond the control of any relevant person; 

(b) is falling into bad associations or is exposed to moral danger; 

(c) is likely— 

(i) to suffer unnecessarily; or 

(ii) be impaired seriously in his health or development, 

due to a lack of parental care; 

(d) is a child in respect of whom any of the offences mentioned in 

Schedule 1 to the [1975 c. 21.] Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1975 

(offences against children to which special provisions apply) has been committed; 

(e) is, or is likely to become, a member of the same household as a child in respect of whom any of the offences referred to in paragraph (d) above has been committed; 

(f) is, or is likely to become, a member of the same household as a person who has committed any of the offences referred in paragraph (d) above; 

(g) is, or is likely to become, a member of the same household as a person in respect of whom an offence under sections 2A to 2C of the [1976 c. 67.] Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act 1976 (incest and intercourse with a child by step-parent or person in position of trust) has been committed by a member of that household; 

(h) has failed to attend school regularly without reasonable excuse; 

(i) has committed an offence; 

(j) has misused alcohol or any drug, whether or not a controlled drug within the meaning of the [1971 c. 38.] Misuse of Drugs Act 1971; 

(k) has misused a volatile substance by deliberately inhaling its vapour, other than for medicinal purposes; 

(l) is being provided with accommodation by a local authority under section 25, or is the subject of a parental responsibilities order obtained under section 86, of this Act and, in either case, his behaviour is such that special measures are necessary for his adequate supervision in his interest or the interest of others." 

Where the hell did u get this bull i told u My unkle owns a bar and i read the the drinking laws in his book.
    At the age of 14 you can buy sider and wine without an parent or a meal
    At the age of 18 you can buy enny drink
    after the age of 3 you can drink as long as your parent says so.

simple as that.

16. ErrOnReq

Don't use breaking the law as an excuse. Everyone, EVERYONE will break the law at least once in their life. Be it something as little as 3 mph over the speed limit or taking a swig before your of age. The only problem with breaking the law is the chance of getting caught. Many laws are there to protect the idiocy of the general public. Not every law makes sense, and it is your decision if you want to risk it.

And use common sense when reading that. I am obviously not advocating random murders or robberies and I am not attempting to overthrow the government.

17. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

it's 'cider'
    (in any English-speaking country)

:sigh: bored, unsubscribing.

18. khendar

khendar What's a Dremel?

You subscribed to this twaddle ??? :eyebrow:

Curly that law that states that a child of 3 can drink alcohol sounds like utter crap to me. You seriously think that a the law will allow 3 year old to be given alcohol if their parents say so ? Thats tantamount to child abuse and would result in charges being laid against the parents in most countries.

I am of the opinion that if you need to ingest chemicals to get any joy or satisfaction out of life then you should take a step back and wonder what the hell is the point ??

19. [->>Curly<<-]

hay i dont need drink

but y not take it

it losens u up, makes u want to dance, maby sing, ask girls out

then u can lath your A$$ of the next day :thumb:

btw if u dont beleve me about the law come to scotland and go into a bar and ask for the book

20. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Its like that law that allows a yorkshireman to shoot a scotsman in yorkshire with a bow an arrow, its not against the law but if you did it, you wouldnt get away with it!