1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster ITS not realy a mod to a computer

Discussion in 'Modding' started by [->>Curly<<-], 29 Jun 2004.

1. [->>Curly<<-]

[->>Curly<<-] What's a Dremel?

WTF no 1 will be shooting me with a bow and arrow

2. khendar

khendar What's a Dremel?

Better not go to Yorkshire then eh :D

3. ErrOnReq

ErrOnReq What's a Dremel?

Ingesting chemicals?! Oh No! You make it sound so naughty! Drugs are just another activity like watching TV, having a few beers with your friends, or playing games on a computer. Do you have to have a ****ty life to do something else fun? Why would it be any different with drugs? (refer to my previous posts when replying, because I obviously do not mean hardcore drugs that can really mess you up).

You ingest chemicals when you take your vitamins, or when you eat dinner or breathe air. What about the coffee you drink to wake you up? Or the Nyquil you take to fall asleep? What about prescription drugs that people abuse? Take a bunch of Vicodin. You’re ingesting chemicals there that are far more dangerous than pot. Where do you draw the line? Legality?

4. khendar

khendar What's a Dremel?

I dont need to take anything to fall asleep. :D I have a clear conscience.

Look man do what you want. I just think that doing drugs for fun is kinda like playing chicken with a train for fun. You say its just like playing games or watching tv. I know of few people who have overdosed on tv (although there have been a few gaming related ones). One ecstacy tab can kill you. Pot is probably the safest drug there is, yet its been shown to be addictive (I know addicts, so I can back that one up) and has been linked to long term mental illness (paranoid schizophrenia).

Its pointless trying to debate the topic, as its not going to change anyone's ideas one way or the other. I've never done drugs, and never will. I dont need to get high to enjoy life. If you do, then good luck to you.

*Sits back and waits for the impending flaming*

Last edited: 13 Jul 2004
  5. ErrOnReq

[EDIT]It's a debate, not a flame war. If that was the case, you would be considered flaming too. You don't want to argue, don't reply.[/EDIT]

Anything can be addictive. Pot is not chemically addictive and your body doesn't depend on it. Your mind however, can become addicted to pot, just like soap operas. That depends on the person, not the drug (or TV show :p).

If pot has any long term side affects like you claim, there would be a LOT more people in the mental wards than there are today. Everyone did pot in the 70s but how many 50 year old flower children have been committed because they did pot when they were younger?

Once again, because someone does drugs doesn't mean that they "have to" to "enjoy life." Some people think it is fun in addition to an already fun life. Some people think it is worth the risk of getting caught.

Obviously no one will change their mind on a forum, or in most cases real life. I'm not trying to make you do drugs or like them. I'm just trying to clean up some ignorance that spilled in this forum. It's just as annoying as the people who post every day asking "what is the best case I can get for $50?" I can't tell people to do drugs, because I myself wouldn't do them right now. A drug (any drug), just like everything else has pros and cons, but to sit here and see someone say "drugs are for losers" is pure ignorance and stupidity. Good thing you didn't say "anyone who doesn't love Jesus is gay." I would have argued that and pissed off a bunch more people :p

[EDIT]In the past the government claimed that smoking pot caused reefer madness. Until drugs are legalized (and that will never happen), you can't really trust any study on something that can't be handled no matter which way it points. Then again, the government did support medical marijuana... Apparently even they have some side that doesn't think it is all bad. [/EDIT]

6. khendar

khendar What's a Dremel?

Not for the first time I wish this forum had a :tongueincheek: icon...:D

And not to change the subject or anything, but if I follow that quote correctly, its not I that is stupid and ignorant, it is you, for sitting there and seeing me say that :D :naughty:

7. ErrOnReq

Oh well, if you can't seem to stick to the subject at hand I consider this debate over. Sorry you have to resort to personal attacks to "prove" your point instead of discuss the situation maturely.

8. khendar

khendar What's a Dremel?

Which personal attacks are they ? I was interpreting your comment on my post. So if there are any personal attacks here, they'd be by you :p

I'm not attacking anybody dude. If thats the way you interpreted it then I apologise. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one :thumb:

9. ErrOnReq

I guess I didn't fully understand your previous post. I pretty much feel this debate is going nowhere anyway, but could you clarify for me? And do not think I personally attacked you. The statement you made, yes, but I don't know you well enough to judge.

10. khendar

khendar What's a Dremel?

I was just following your statement through logically...I do that sometimes to catch people off guard :D Its funny to think that many commonly used turns of phrase actually make no sense when you think about them. Its petty and childish...but gives me a few laughs now and then :p

Basically what you seem to be saying is that you sitting there reading my post is ignorance and stupidity. I was just playing with words. Once again I apologise for any offence caused. I was just messin with you :thumb:

11. ErrOnReq

Ah yes... that makes a bit more sense. Oh well, sorry we got off to the wrong foot by dueling to the death on this subject.

I guess enlightening people and opening minds is best left for wise men with skull cracking hatchets :p Back to modding it is.

12. [->>Curly<<-]

well i started thisd topic realy simple and now its all polictic style so i think i will get a lower b4 i post enny more :eyebrow:

13. Shrapnill

Shrapnill What's a Dremel?

IMO comparing going 3mph over the speed limit to underage drinking is like comparing golf to sex. My point wasn't so much that the law HAS to be followed, it just happens to be one of those laws I agree with. 3mi/hr over the posted speed? Cops in my city wont even pull you over for that because they understand that youre not really putting anyone at risk by doing it. Now, ten miles over the speed limit may be different. Hell, 15+ is a felony here.

What I was saying is, the laws regarding underage drinking happen to be ones that I agree with very much for a number of reasons. If you wanna say its his fault, his countries, his parents- whatever. Don't care. Minors drinking is retarded in my mind.

14. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Actually the law is, A born and bred yorkshireMAN (not woman) may while standing on the city limit wall, project arrows from a bow to kill a scotsman attempting to enter york.

Now, it's either been scrapped or, you just won't get done for the murder, just carrying an offensive weapon, wreckless endangerment, and probably anything else they can stick you with..

15. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

lawyer.

16. Gecko

Gecko What's a Dremel?

]
    Maybe he will get a dictionary as well, or at least a spell checking program.

17. [->>Curly<<-]

:wallbash: :wallbash: some people just dont get it
    I CANT SPELL
    CALL ME IGNORENT BUT I DONT WANT TO SPELL CHEAK ALL MY TEXT SO DONT KEEP ON ABOUT IT :duh:

18. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

i can put my hand up and say i cant spell. hell i make stupid typos like (teh and liek)

when i was 15 i can honestly say i wasnt that bright. and couldent be bothered to learn how to spell. hell all my spellingtsts i was lucky to get over 5/20

but i think the reason why people are flaming you as you put it. is because you seem not to care about improving your spelling. hell it jus happened for me between 16-17 and i ended up getting a C for english. whereas if i carryied on how i was i woudl have scraped a d or a E

19. [->>Curly<<-]

well its 2 late for that now 4 me i have allredy did my exams and left school am awating the results :thumb: should be next mounth :cooldude:

20. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

Really if you haven't got time to check simple spelling, then you shouldn't have the time to be able to post advice and comments.

People make mistakes like teh, and liek, when they're rushing. There's no point in saving two seconds in writing a post if it makes people think that you're stupid/lazy.