1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU ITX PSU Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Monsta, 7 May 2011.

1. Monsta

Monsta Dremel Blades in ma head!

Hey all

I am about to start a new project building an itx pc and I need some help finding a suitable power supply as small as possible.

The build will either be a skt775 or skt1166 if budget allows and will be using on board vga as the machine will be a mini workstation of sorts so power needs should be kept to a minimum.

Please point me in the right direction with type & approx wattage requirements.

Thx

2. Balkmeister

Balkmeister What's a Dremel?

3. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

If you have the budget then opt for LGA1155 especially if your workstation is doing intensive work loads. Most ITX boards use standard PSU and if your just using onboard GPU then around the 300W-400W range should be sufficient. ITX cases of then can't hold many hard disks and there won't be many expansion cards. Also opt for modular cables since ITX cases will have very limited space and unused cables sitting around at the bottom of the case hinders air flow. For the physical size of the PSU it really depends on your case. There are a few ITX cases that can take full sized PSU's. Personally I would look for a case that takes a full sized PSU rather than a mini one.

4. Monsta

Monsta Dremel Blades in ma head!

Hi, thanks for the info but I am planning on building my own case from scratch, so was looking for a sff psu of some kind. Perhaps like these, but im not sure: http://linitx.com/viewcategory.php?catid=150&pp=149,150

5. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

if you for example got an i3 2100t or core i5 2500t and don't need more than 1 hdd a 150w picopsu would be plenty.

6. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=10

Good place to buy em :)

Go up to 150w.

My 2500k OC to 4.5Ghz with a GTX460, 1HHD, 1CD + 2x4Gb RAM only draws 165w from the wall when the processor is on full tilt and the gfx idling. So a low end sandy bridge like the i3 using onboard gfx would fine with a 150w I would imagine.