1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News IW responds to Modern Warfare 2 server snafu

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Oct 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 New Member

OMG.... so what, it will play like the 360/PS3 version which is better if you want to play a fair match without cheating and hacks, but as long as mod support is there, i cant see there being a problem.

fair matches against similiar skill level of players, so if you haven't had time to play the game every waking moment like some, you still have a good chance of enjoying a fair game.

to many pc fanboys stuck in the past if you ask me. if you don't like it then don't play it.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

what a bunch of arrogant pricks!

dont worry cjoyce1980, we wont be playing it, we'll be playing something better.

4. general22

general22 New Member

Wow so modders had a hand in ruining COD4 for some so called "fans" of the game, honestly what the **** is going at IW. I would like to see the statistics for this feedback but I know it doesn't exist in significant numbers. It's just another excuse being peddled by IW to hide the obvious reason which is to make money of DLC which will be the only option for new maps.

If this system was so awesome why didn't they mention it earlier, it's because they knew that this wouldn't go down well with PC gamers so they hid it for as long as possible. I can understand developers wanting money, cracking down on piracy, hell 3 layers of DRM would be better than this, it's sad to see IW following or being forced to follow the new Activision policy of screw the gamer over if it makes us more money.

Borderlands will get my money instead of this.

5. Zero_UK

Zero_UK New Member

lol, I find it amusing how much people can flip. Possibly the most anticipated game of the year suddenly is hated upon...

We can't judge or hate upon a new formula before we've really tested it. Perhaps if this was just for a players ranking ladder?

To be fair, the issue here could have all just been solved with server filters on a browsing system. As I do usually find a server I enjoy and stick to about 5 - 7 as you get regulars who you get to know etc.

But, lets be a little bit more mature about this?

6. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Woohoo now I can play on lag filled servers!

7. Hustler

Hustler Well-Known Member

Not surprising that an American company finds a new way to screw consumers is it though...

All because they want 2 Ferraris, 2 houses etc...etc...etc....just pure greed.

screw the lot of them.

If they climb down and reinstate servers i will gladly reinstate my pre order, if not i will happily turn to certain sites on release day without a moments guilt or hesitation.

Once the single player campaign is done and dusted i will discard it......with no multiplayer component worth a damn if bought legitimately, im not missing out on anything.

Take note IW, this is what happens when greed runs your company...

8. robyholmes

robyholmes I'm under your desk...

Would it not be better to filter 'Modded Server' with 'Original Servers' or even Server List and a matchmaking system? Many games do this and it gets the best of both worlds! Remove it all together is just madness.

UrbanMarine likes this.
  9. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

That would make too much sense and the kiddies couldn't complain.

10. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

That bit will be true, but not sure how many 'fans' will be left on PC.

I think Borderlands will get my cash until something more worthwhile appears on the PC.

11. Cobalt

Cobalt New Member

Same. Cancelled my MW2 pre-order, used the money to pre-order Borderlands instead. Seems like IW's screw up will do wonders for Gearbox's sales.

12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

..Prioritising the experience?

Give us dedicated servers you ****sticks.

13. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

yup this is what i've done! seriously though which of the two looks more original and interesting? i reckon we might end up being right chuffed that IW are a load of x-box humping tards

14. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Hey asshats, how about not listening to the crybabies who can't find a goddamn server? If someone really is handless enugh not to find a good server then most obviously online gaming isn't meant for him/her. Jesus...

Also it never occurred to IW that with the current scheme, there will be no "fans" to like the new system... This is so retarded it just makes me angrier every time I hear about it.

Don't fix what ain't broken.

15. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Standard response imo, he was hardly going to come out and say, "weve done it so that we can sell you DLC at a later date" was he.

16. chocolateraisins

chocolateraisins :D

Doesn't L4D use a similar system? Yet I don't hear no one saying they won't buy it..

I know they use dedicated servers too, but L4D still uses a lobby system..

Also, I see infinity ward thinks modders are the evil guys, when a certain company (I think called 'Valve') has made probably the best games ever, from the help of modders (DOD:S, CS:S). Why can't more companies support the community rather than putting there corporate willies up our bums.

:(

17. Hustler

Hustler Well-Known Member

Because they want more money....its not complicated.

18. Thedarkrage

Thedarkrage Thats not a pic of me its my gf

I can see where there coming from and i can see that it could be a good idea. But they could easily use both systems it wouldn't be hard to do let ppl pick what they want not force them in to it.

I would play on the iw.net for a quick game with no mods but i want the choice to play on a server with pro-mods or custom maps and i think that that is the big problem they could so easily fix

19. general22

general22 New Member

That is different, you can still use a server browser and dedicated servers can have custom maps, mods etc since they aren't controlled by valve. It was basically a matchmaking interface to the standard dedicated server system. The issue here is that this will be a P2P matchmaking system ONLY which is generally inferior in terms of network performance to a dedicated server.

20. smc8788

smc8788 ...at least I have chicken

Well, he could have at least been polite rather than releasing a statement that looked like it was written by an insolent 10 year old child and filled with sarcastic undertones. Clearly they have no respect for the PC community, so why should we bother to show respect to them?

Tags: Add Tags