1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Jack is back to beat up on bully

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 15 Aug 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

My thoughts exactly

I remember when D&D was the "game of choice" for budding serial killers.

3. PrometheusCon

PrometheusCon New Member

You do know that Charles Manson used D&D to get his "family"? It's that damn charm spell with a combination of the Rod of Magic +4. Very Deadly....

I hope this games gets through. If it does then it will explode in popularity due to it's controversy. GTA series is a perfect example of how controversy sells.

4. LoneArchon

LoneArchon New Member

I like how he states that gta was being sold to children even with the m rating. The rating system need to be redone with simpler levels such as all, teen, adult. This would make thing clearer for unknowing parents. But even that would not stop parent from buy game like gta for their kids. But this is america where everyone sues everyone else.

5. mcshaggy

mcshaggy New Member

I love how much ole Jacko loves to toot his own horn, "whose release has been delayed for over a year in large part because of the efforts of the undersigned petitioner"

6. monkeybone

monkeybone New Member

I don't know what's wrong with parents theses days. They can't seem to take responsibility for their own actions.

As for the rating system, it's pretty straight forward. The 'label' will say T for teen or E10+ which is for everone 10 or older. Mature (on top of label says 17+), AO = adults only 18+

They even put a second label on the back of the game that says it is rated due to 'mild lyrics', 'bad language', 'mild violence', 'nudity', etc... How much more information do you want to put on the games?

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp

my 2 cents...

Monkeybone

7. EQC

EQC New Member

I like how Jack has deemed himself qualified to judge the games appropriateness for all of the nation's children (which would include individuals aged 0 - 17.9 and in locations as disparate as Bible-Belt Alabama, Shot-gun toting Texas, and Legal Prostitution Nevada).

Of course it's not appropriate for "children" -- it's appropriate for individuals of a mature enough mind to deal with it -- which, for me, would have begun when I was about 13 years old. For others, maybe when they're 16. For others, when they're 9. And for others, it's never appropriate even when they're 45 and have their own kids because they have some unusual inherent problem. That's what parents are for...to taylor the world for their children until either:

a) the children are mature enough to handle the world themselves, or
    b) the children are old enough isolate themselves from what they would find objectionable.

Somebody should send Jack to the average US middle-class Junior High School (middle school for those in other parts of the country). He'd see that the language and fighting and harrassment of all forms, and, yes, prostitution among a few students, that are already in the schools has prepared our children well for video games like this. And yes, the Junior High came long before the Video Game...so let's not blame the wrong one for the problem.

Last edited: 15 Aug 2006
  8. MortarHeadd

MortarHeadd New Member

I just love how Jack refers to GTA and Bully as "murder simulators." I also love how he has appointed himself as judge, jury and executioner for the videogame industry.

9. rupbert

rupbert New Member

Did god change his name by deed poll to Jack?

10. Sinner666

Sinner666 New Member

[sarcasam]

Thank goodness we have Jack to raise our children right!

JACK FOR GOD 2008! :thumb:

[/sarcasam]

:wallbash: :grr:

11. FooSai

FooSai New Member

Seen as the game will with out any doubt be rated 18+, won't anyone who should be playing it, be out of school?

All he seems to have babbled on about is that it is unsuitable for children to play. So realistically shouldn't this guy go after the parents of the children who are being allowed to play this?

12. Tim S

Tim S OG

He's just bullying Take-Two/Wal-Mart because he wants to be the first to play the game. :p

13. Stwongbad

Stwongbad New Member

When is this man going to die?

14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

:D :thumb:

Actually I think he's just mad at them 'cause he had a bad childhood and never had anything to play with instead 'The Big Book Of How To Sue Everybody For Everything Without Any Reason'.

15. Agent_M

Agent_M Member

why not have a standard rating system, like we have for films, cos if i remember correctly they have all that rubbish on the boxes about if its scary or violent or has psychopathic bunny rabbits in and what not, if someone is gonna buy a game they will atleast have an idea of the content so why do they need to be told by the box that its scary.

they should just copy the film rating system with an age then on the back have a lil box that lists the kinda stuff in it like mild violence and all that rubbish, but i doubt thats even needed.

oh and fine shops that sell to underage kids, seems rather logical to me.

16. PrometheusCon

PrometheusCon New Member

Eventually he's going to want the labels to be like Canadian cigarettes. You know the ones with pictures of infested lungs included and stuff. Right now we have the label resting in the corner and the title taking up everything else. He'll want to warning to be the title and the title in the corner.

17. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Forget evolution, forget WMDs. THIS is the question people should be asking.

18. EK-MDi

EK-MDi New Member

Oh we can make arrangements. Just joking :D.

19. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I don't think anyone else is joking about these arrangements :D.

20. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

How about a mod for the game where Jack visits the school and the player gets to help gang-rape him before burning him at the stake? :D

Tags: Add Tags