1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Jack is back to beat up on bully

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 15 Aug 2006.

1. mad4it

mad4it Know it all.

Some small developer needs to send him a game for him to "TEST" that is completly harmless and rated E. Get him to sign on for approval and slap his name and face all over that case with "JACK APPROVED GAME" only to have a small mini game hidden in the code that allows you to rape farmyard animals and call it the "hot milk mod" that would soon shut him up

2. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

Wow lots of feedback on this topic :p

Welcome to the new guys! Glad to see ya here!

RTT: You sent that clown a response back? haha thats great! What did he reply?

3. nucFlash

nucFlash What's a Dremel?

My God, I play Civilization

almost every time I have a free moment from Work, does that mean I'm in danger of going out and starting a new Civilization somewhere.

Somewhere in the mid-Atlantic, is a new generation of Aztecs going to suddenly appear with nucFlash as their leader?

My user name, nucFlash, comes from a military term coined in the '60s that refers to any situation, accident or intentional, that could, even in the remotest possible sense, be a trigger for the release of Nuclear weapons, either, by or against the United States.

Specifically, the idea of a UFO (not necessarily piloted by little gray men, but perhaps something as mundane as a misidentified meteor or satellite returning to earth.) could somehow trigger and chain of events that lead to the United States or the Soviet Union (remember, it was the 60s) launching a first-strike upon the other believe each was responsible.

Does this mean that I want a Nuclear War? Of course not, it means simply that I thought it sounded cool.

JUST LIKE A LOT OF PEOPLE THINK BULLY SOUNDS COOL!

4. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

I would LOVE to see some hl2 mod that involves killing jack thompson bots.

5. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

6. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

omg, he just wants a free copy. It has already been shown that bully is based on a kid that fights back against bullies in schools. Countless newspapers and parents have already been embaressed by not getting their facts right when bully was announced.

7. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

Maybe i should sue for a free copy..sounds like a good game.

bloodcar are you saying we actually have jack thompsons phone number...>_>..lets prank call him lol

8. kergareth

kergareth What's a Dremel?

Sign of the beast and all that. What about the other things in Christianity, like love and acceptance. Odd that these ideals fly out the window when your moral sensiblilties are challenged.

Seriously though, what a f***tard. Only here in North America, with open skies, the rise of a police state and crusading christian right-wing fundamentalists :duh:

9. DivineSin

DivineSin What's a Dremel?

I find it kind of funny that Jack hasnt signed up here and posted like he has on joystiq. He probably has actually, there are several first post signups in this thread.

Anyway, did anyone else think that the only reason Jack wants a pre-release copy is to copy it and release it on the nation via torrent? I mean, if I was some game-nazi with a hair up my ass, I would try to burry the company the easiest way possible and that would be it.

10. ogewa

ogewa What's a Dremel?

first off is this guy a dumb ass, before video games were here the vilonce in public was ten fold.
    second off no-one has a right to self appoint them selfs as judge or a paritcular industry, there will always be people that will be against a particular industry but thank fully not may of them are as vocal as this dumb ass.

finally there is no proven link between video game viloence and and reall life violence , if he pulls out one studdy that invloved a bunch of kids playing games like gta at 9 i will yell out to him is an irrisposable pathetic idiot, of course if you play them sort of games at 9 its gona affect your behavour thats why there is a little thing call RATINGS YOU MORON , jeese this jack guy needs to stop blaming the industry and start at how the hell underagers are getting the dam games that are 18+ etc. :wallbash:

11. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Ok, as everyone else pretty much has I think im going to at my 2 pence to this thread.

[rant]

Why oh why in the states do they not have the exact same rating system as the UK?
    All that needs to be done is slap a big fat "suitable for 18 years and older, contains scenes of violence and gore" etc sticker in the corner of the box then make supplying the game rated such to a minor, punishable in court (I think it is here too). That way, if the kid is found to have the game and has commited a murder or some other crime and they decide to link it to the video game, then the parents are clearly the ones to blame for giving the child a game which isn't suitable for them to them and they do some jail time for it?
    The rating system works pretty well over here and 90% of people actually follow it because when you look at a box its so blatantly obvious when you see that sticker that it's not suitable for 10 year old Timmy's birthday present and you just don't buy it for them.
    I'ts pretty basic stuff to get things rated tbh.

[/rant]

Feel free to ignore the above if there is already a decent ratings system in effect (I don't think ESRB really applies here, its rubbish and at a glance impossible to distinguish the difference as its not coloured etc)

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I actually agree with point 29.

ESRB = crap pile and should be replaced with a British-esq system.

Other then that, he's blaming the publishers for what will inevitably be an adult game.

13. Flibster

Flibster What's a Dremel?

Legally enforce the age limits and all the problems will go away as if it gets sold with the intention of going to a underage person - chain gets a big slap on the wrist and an even bigger fine.

Don't get me started on Jack*off*

Was he not allowed a pong machine when he was younger and he's just bitter?

Religion and law do not mix... As shown by George W Gump *aka Mr God Speaks to me*

Simon/~Flibster

14. Agent_M

Agent_M Minimodder

from looking at his history he just likes to be in the lime light and is a really bad lawyer, i only remember reading about him getting like $20k inan out of court settlement from a bar thingy.

whereas in florida his mental health was challeneged and was requested to take a psych test thing. also the whole threatening people and personal attacks in letters and what not doesnt really help his reputation, but then again any publicity is good publicity. :wallbash:

hes gone after every current 'evil' when it comes about and condems anyone else who goes after it saying they're only doing it for political gain, like when hilary clinton wanted a bill to inforce the age restriction on games. i mean wtf 'hey this person is on my side so im gonna say shes just doing it for her own gain cos im the one who deserves all the publicity if this happens!'

15. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

it is a shame i cant train on a murder simulator to kill jack tompson.

since i started playing games i have killed and raped and run over lots and lots of people, animals and aliens , games are responsible for me being a psicopat!!! please ban all games jack.

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove What's a Dremel?

ok I'm the only one who sees the conspiracy here. Jack is obviously working for Take-Two and this is all a part of their grand scheme of getting more people to buy the game. They are actually using the US courts as a way of promoting their product….. now where did I put my tin-foil hat….

Hehe the US is turning into such a joke that soon they will just make the entire country into a sitcom! (I immediately apologize to all of you sensible, intelligent people who just happen to live in a country run by idiots)

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Does anyone see the irony in people wanting him dead and also wanting this game?

This whole thread is a gold mine for him.

Noone wants him to simply re-evaluate his ways, you just want him expired.

18. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

Yeah I always thought this as well. Whenever I read threads about politicians wanting to ban games because they are too violent, I disagree completely, but some of the comments are just stupid. I am all for violent games, I play only FPS and fighting games, and I think people can handle the violence. However, it does look bad when you look at the comments about these topics and see responses from gamers along the lines of, "I hope he gets hit by a truck," or "I hope he gets gang rape."

I for one am not a big GTA3 fan, I loved 1 and 2, but 3 seemed weak for me. I think part of the reason people like Jack may be mad about this is because most of the sales are probably going to kids younger than 17. I know there are plenty of people older than 17 playing it, but I wouldn't be surprised if a pretty large percentage were underage in the matter. But even if this is the case, the people in here are right, it is not the companies fault that so many kids are playing it. I am quite sure that Rockstar planned for more mature people to play this, I really doubt they made it and were targeting kids as the main audience. Also, I dont think the ESRB is total trash, but it does need to be reworked some. The labels on games are quite easy to see, most of the time i doubt the parents even see the box. The kid probably just grabs it off the shelf and mom gives the guy cash for it. All stores I have bought games from ask me for ID for mature games though, which at least keeps young kids from buying games even if their parents dont allow it.

19. Zayfod

Zayfod What's a Dremel?

It's interesting that I cannot find anything one this guy complaining against the one true "murder simulator" that I can think of, the one game which really IS designed to engourage people to pick up a gun and kill people. What was it's name again... Oh! Yes "America's Army".
    The English language possess and excellent word to describe people like Jack Thompson, hypocrite!

20. dfhaii

dfhaii internets

I'm with Jack on this one and think that all of you saying otherwise are the bane of society, you thieving, murderous, conniving scum.

Tags: Add Tags